ROG phone 3 Doesn't boot, stuck on the splash screen

A_living
Star I

1. Asus ROG phone 3

2. -

3. no

4.always on boot

5.-

The phone doesn't boot, stays on the splash screen. I tried using XDA guides, nothing worked. Always stays on the splash no matter what I do. Installing a custom ROM is not an option, because the bootloader is locked and i can't unlock it. Any help appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4

petergroft29
Star II

If you cannot restart the Asus ROG Phone 3 Strix since it is blocked and the previous method does not work, we must proceed to turn it off and turn it on again using the physical buttons.

To force a shutdown on your ROG Phone 3 Strix press and hold the power button (or unlock button) for at least 8 seconds until the Asus or Android logo appears on the screen and release the button while it turns on again.

If the device still does not respond and you cannot restart it, it is possible that it is low on enough battery, in that case connect the ROG Phone 3 Strix to its charger and try the procedure again.

If it continues without responding and does not turn on or has entered a loop, it is possible that some internal component such as the motherboard, memory, screen or even the power button has been damaged so you will have to repair it or resort to the warranty.

Greetings,
Peter

To force a shutdown on your ROG Phone 3 Strix press and hold the power button (or unlock button) for at least 8 seconds until the Asus or Android logo appears on the screen and release the button while it turns on again. 
already tried that

If the device still does not respond and you cannot restart it, it is possible that it is low on enough battery, in that case connect the ROG Phone 3 Strix to its charger and try the procedure again.

checked by fastboot getvar battery-voltage; phone is charged

If it continues without responding and does not turn on or has entered a loop, it is possible that some internal component such as the motherboard, memory, screen or even the power button has been damaged so you will have to repair it or resort to the warranty.

likely not the screen or power button

willjoe2442
Star III

The main cause of the random reboot is a third party application, come the preinstalled apps with buggy update, OS and hardware failure. Overheating is not a cause of reboot, the command sent to the system is shutdown, no reboot.

Regards,

Will

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.