bryce_bone
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog phone 3
Firmware Version: Current
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just bought the asus rog 3 on February 12 this year. Within less than 2 months the phone's screen went fully black and no longer displays anything. However, the alarms and notifications still make noise and vibrate. I had just finished a text then put the phone in my pocket walked down a flight of stairs. When I pulled my phone out of my pocket less than 3 minutes later the screen was completely black. I used a phone case and screen protector since purchase and had not dropped it once so the only thing I can think of was that the screen came defective. Is there any way to get the screen replaced without paying 200$ on top of just buying a 950$ phone?
3 REPLIES 3

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
It might be a glitch, hold power button + volume down for roughly 40 seconds, then start the device. if you see the screen again, then you got glitched. I had it happening too but got fixed with my kernel somehow.

bryce_bone
Star I

Danishblunt

It might be a glitch, hold power button + volume down for roughly 40 seconds, then start the device. if you see the screen again, then you got glitched. I had it happening too but got fixed with my kernel somehow.

View post
I appreciate the answer, but after doing the reset nothing has changed 😕

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
bryce_bone

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161934#Comment_161934

I appreciate the answer, but after doing the reset nothing has changed 😕

View post
Then your screen is probably defective. Go to your nearest serive center and explain that the screen died without physical damage, then it should be covered under warranty, provided you have a global version phone.