"Super Clean" mode is buggy

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: QKQ1.200419.002.WW_Phone-17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Tested with Poweramp Music Player but applies to all the apps in the phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Team,
The "Super Clean" mode seems to be buggy in the latest version .131. When trying to click "Clear All" from the Recents menu, apps still continue to be in the memory. I could verify this issue with the Poweramp Music Player. Clicking "Clear All" is not turning off the app and continues to play music in the background. It earlier used to get closed (i.e. turning off any music that was being played) post clicking that button but after this update, it is not closing as expected.
Although, manually wiping it off from the Recents menu does turn the app off (and not clicking the Clear All button). I have ALL the apps listed in that super clean mode's app list. Please investigate and add it to bug fixes in the next update as this is one of the most useful features and convenient to close battery-draining apps quickly.
screenshot-20210203-183110392.jpg
screenshot-20210203-183124586.jpg
screenshot-20210203-183139903.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anmolkakkar0309

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: QKQ1.200419.002.WW_Phone-17.0823.2012.131
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: FREQUENT
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Tested with Poweramp Music Player but applies to all the apps in the phone

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi Team,

The "Super Clean" mode seems to be buggy in the latest version .131. When trying to click "Clear All" from the Recents menu, apps still continue to be in the memory. I could verify this issue with the Poweramp Music Player. Clicking "Clear All" is not turning off the app and continues to play music in the background. It earlier used to get closed (i.e. turning off any music that was being played) post clicking that button but after this update, it is not closing as expected.

Although, manually wiping it off from the Recents menu does turn the app off (and not clicking the Clear All button). I have ALL the apps listed in that super clean mode's app list. Please investigate and add it to bug fixes in the next update as this is one of the most useful features and convenient to close battery-draining apps quickly.

screenshot-20210203-183110392.jpg

screenshot-20210203-183124586.jpg

screenshot-20210203-183139903.jpg

"Super Clean" mode is buggy
I don't know if this if this is an bug honestly
Zen ui 6 (Zenfone 5z) has the same behaviour (with the same options enabled in mobile manager)
If an audio is in active playback when you clear all recent apps Poweramp won't be killed but if you manually slide it away in recents it'll be killed,as far as I know this only happens in audio players during active playback

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44348/super-clean-mode-is-buggy

I don't know if this if this is an bug honestly

Zen ui 6 (Zenfone 5z) has the same behaviour (with the same options enabled in mobile manager)

If an audio is in active playback when you clear all recent apps Poweramp won't be killed but if you manually slide it away in recents it'll be killed,as far as I know this only happens in audio players during active playback

View post
I would generally agree but this was working in the previous versions and would close this app coz it is indeed selected to be "Super Cleaned". In an ideal scenario (standard clean mode), this would continue to play audio in the background. But it has changed in this update and should ideally be closed completely as part of the "Super Clean" process.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
Let me check if there was a feedback from users to have the behavior vice versa.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Let me check if there was a feedback from users to have the behavior vice versa.

View post
There is same behaviour with Zenfone 5z on same settings Android 10 (Zenui 6)
If this is found as a bug than please fix this for 5z as well
Thanks!