This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please move the bottom type-c port to the right side of the ROG 4.

Craven
Rising Star II
As someone who uses 2 usb type-c cables (charging cable and cetra earphones), I cannot make use of the Aeroactive cooler's 3.5mm jack so i have to use the side and bottom port instead while being connected to a wall socket for bypass charging. However, the positioning of my right hand is not ideal since the cable is in the way so i need to rotate the phone as a workaround. This method leaves the triggers unreachable and useless. And also, grippier materials should be added to the frame. There's basically zero grip and friction when my hands are dry.
Just thought I'd share this piece of info for the design team.

8 REPLIES 8

Swadesh
Star III
The did it on purpose, so you buy their accessory.
However, if you don't use air trigger, like me, you can just flip the phone upside down, and have the port on your left hand side. That way it is positioned at top left, instead of bottom right.
Asus is to be blamed here for poor choice. All I can think of is that they did it on purpose, because there is no way they didn't notice the port placement, specially if they claim it as gaming phone.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Swadesh

The did it on purpose, so you buy their accessory.

However, if you don't use air trigger, like me, you can just flip the phone upside down, and have the port on your left hand side. That way it is positioned at top left, instead of bottom right.

Asus is to be blamed here for poor choice. All I can think of is that they did it on purpose, because there is no way you didn't notice the port placement, specially if you claim it as gaming phone.

View post
You literally make 0 sense.

Craven
Rising Star II
Well... I do, in Genshin impact. And this is what i meant in the first place. I saw the teardown video and I'm actually on ASUS' decision on this one. They probably couldn't place the port in the center because the bottom speaker's already occupied the space and the vibration motor took up the right-side portion already, which makes sense since the triggers need the motors as close as possible, so they had to resort to the leftmost, more inconvenient portion. While i agree the positioning is terrible, they didn't seem to have a choice.

Craven
Rising Star II
The only possible compromises they'd have to make next year for this to work would be to swap the motor with the type-c port or just put all of them on the side. But as long as i get to hold the phone comfortably, then those are fine by me.