Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog3
Firmware Version: .122
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
There is an issue between switching from mobile data to wifi -
Let me explain - my mobile data is turn on and when i come home i just turn on my wifi and it gets automatically connected (i dont switch off my mobile data even when using wifi )
But read this , wifi got connected without any issues but mobile keeps using mobile data instead of wifi even when wifi is connected
How i noticed- my mobile data signals are very weak and have speed of 50-100kb in my house and my wifi have 4-5 mb of download speed so i tried to download app, speed is extremely slow but as soon as i turn off data manually , download get fast speeds of wifi
Also noticed the same in CODM , as game loads extremely slow in getting info loading slide (appears after activition logo when we launch the game ) but when i close my data manually it loads instantly
Summary- this device dont change the internet connection automatically when from data to wifi when data is on and we connect wifi without turning off mobile data
I have to manually turn off data to use wifi

(I have did a factory reset after .122 update and still havr that issue and having since from beginning )

I have tried my best to explain issue 😬 comment if you dont get it and i wilp try again with different way

2 REPLIES 2

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Mods any reply?

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Saif,
This is more of a Android Network behavior rather than a particular ROG Phone issue.
Now, you can go to settings and find Hyperfusion. This feature will make sure the best stable connection is used at a given time. Currently the supported Apps maybe be low.
Anytime, the manual option is available to turn off the mobile data or WIFI as per your convenience