This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

pauljohnmclerno
Star II
I have the Asus ROG Phone 3 & I have just bought a kunai thinking it was for my phone after looking at the pictures on the internet I have found out it is for the Asus ROG Phone 5.
Will the kunai be compatible with my phone the Rog phone 3 ?
4 REPLIES 4

HexHyte
Rising Star I
pauljohnmclernon

I have the Asus ROG Phone 3 & I have just bought a kunai thinking it was for my phone after looking at the pictures on the internet I have found out it is for the Asus ROG Phone 5.

Will the kunai be compatible with my phone the Rog phone 3 ?

Need help
As long as the Kunai is the 3th version (aka: Kunai 3) it will be perfectly compatible and amazingly nice to use!
Be careful during firmware update of these controllers because they are prone to disconnection and this can cause a mess or even brick the Kunai.
I recommend to update all the controllers before using them by connecting them to the pad and then to the phone with a Type C cable.

pauljohnmclerno
Star II
Thanks for replying I have had my Rog phone 3 since launch but I am not used to updates ect kinda stuck lol. I have put the Rog 3 in the case but it's hard to take out feels like the case will snap tbh. I will show you a picture I bought the controller from cex it didn't come with the original box but came with the boxes with charging cable ect. I have till 31st January to return it if it doesn't fit or has a fault
Can I ask if you could help me regarding the firm we're with updating I don't know what to do I am a thick person. I am currently out ATM so will do it once get home
p-20221222-141240.jpg
I have the charging cable to

keren_ASUS
Hello pauljohnmclernon
It should be compatible, but the bumper cutouts will be a little off since they are meant for the ROG 5.

pauljohnmclerno
Star II
Thanks 👍
It's just the bumper that feels like it's going to snap when you take out the phone.
I don't know how to update the controllers