Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation hints! Pesky WHITE bars!!!

kirkpaat0627
Star II
Model Name: ROG phone 3
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: No, do I have to to fix this issue?
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS!
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The issue is the system!
I bought this phone brandnew and I've had it now for just over 2 months or maybe less. I've been using mostly light colors for the wallpaper so I don't really notice the problem until I decided to switch wallpapers and went for darker hues.. Why is the gesture hint always on? My wife has a Redmi phone and the gesture hints are hidden.. This is so stupid. The white bars are so distracting and they are present everywhere except for some apps in full screen but on the launcher, whether it's stock or a third party launcher, it's always there! Why can other phones hide it and this ROG can't. See screenshot below. The white line on the middle and on the sides are very visible. The other two on the sides goes away after sometime but the one on the middle is persistent! Why can't it be hidden? Please fix this.
screenshot-20211117-143059401.png

2 REPLIES 2

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
If ure rooted you can use a magisk module to hide the bars.

kirkpaat0627
Star II
Danishblunt

If ure rooted you can use a magisk module to hide the bars.

View post
Will I lose everything I have installed when rooting? What about when I need to update to Android 12? I've read that system updates won't work when rooted. Also what's the downside to having my phone rooted? Dang.. This is really stupid.. My wife's redmi phone is cheaper than this and it's annoying that a feature as simple as hiding gesture hints were overlooked.