This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile doesn't start up

I have been using my mobile rog3 and it shuts down as it has been completely drained out of battery. When I plugged it back in the red led light blinks continuously which is an indication of complete battery drain. I understood that and let the phone on it's own for 2-3 hours. However I haven't seen any display on screen from the start where it's supposed to show the battery charging screen. I didn't think much and left the phone to charge. Later even after 3-4 hrs of charge it simply doesn't turn on or doesn't show any screen. Even after removing and plugging again it again blinks the red led and thus most probably the phone hasn't charged at all. I don't know why. I tried all the hard reset methods and all and unfortunately none of them worked.

Some previous issues regarding my mobile: It restarts randomly while using my mobile (I have verified that many rog users have same problem and asus won't budge to give a solution). One day it turned off and didn't boot up for almost 6-7 hours. 

Previous Repairs: I broke my screen almost 1.5 years ago and replaced it. Even customer care did a worst job as they haven't done it properly and dust entered on the camera lens internally and none of the phots were clear after receiving from repair.

I hope atheist the mods here would care and provide me with a solution about why it doesn't charge and what I have to do. I appreciate if you give valid input to fix my phone instead of saying stupid trouble shoot or visit customer care. I'm sure if I go to customer care those illiterates will say mother board needs to be replaced!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Yes I did find a solution but it is kind of weird. I noticed even when the mobile is completely dead and when we plug it to charge it just blinks for some time and stops which indicates it just charges for fraction of time. And when I hold my power button and lower volume button then it charges continuously as I see the red light blinking non stop. But even after holding straight for 5-10 minutes it didn't start. So, I tied two threads tight to my buttons and let it charge for 2-3 hours and after 4 hours I removed the threads and disconnected my charger. Then I plugged it in again and saw the screen on and charging started from 0%(The screen which we see when device is off and charger is plugged in) and it gradually charged and I turned it back on normally. You can try this and I'm pretty sure it would work. It's a waste of time and money if you go to service centre as most people are really dumb and they'll just ask you to replace mother board or change battery. 

You can ping me if you have any further questions!

Hope this helps mate!

Thanks for the ping!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Asusguy
Star I

Did you find any solution? 

Hello,

Yes I did find a solution but it is kind of weird. I noticed even when the mobile is completely dead and when we plug it to charge it just blinks for some time and stops which indicates it just charges for fraction of time. And when I hold my power button and lower volume button then it charges continuously as I see the red light blinking non stop. But even after holding straight for 5-10 minutes it didn't start. So, I tied two threads tight to my buttons and let it charge for 2-3 hours and after 4 hours I removed the threads and disconnected my charger. Then I plugged it in again and saw the screen on and charging started from 0%(The screen which we see when device is off and charger is plugged in) and it gradually charged and I turned it back on normally. You can try this and I'm pretty sure it would work. It's a waste of time and money if you go to service centre as most people are really dumb and they'll just ask you to replace mother board or change battery. 

You can ping me if you have any further questions!

Hope this helps mate!

Thanks for the ping!!