jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

17 REPLIES 17

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
jaykesharwani9

You're all are forgetting, this is a phone and it has a display which costs 50% of the price of phone. Why would I want a crappy display? And coming to gaming part, it has been marketed as a gaming phone, however it's still a phone which has a crappy display.

View post
BelieveBelieve me or not but these are my exact same words

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jaykesharwani9

You're all are forgetting, this is a phone and it has a display which costs 50% of the price of phone. Why would I want a crappy display? And coming to gaming part, it has been marketed as a gaming phone, however it's still a phone which has a crappy display.

View post
The display is fine and defnitely worth the money. It's not the displays fault that ASUS mobile division has handled it badly. Same as you cannot say a chainsaw is a pile of garbage just because someone hacks at a tree with it like an axe instead of using it like a normal human being.
Also the excuse of it being a "gaming" phone isnt valid. Idk why people keep bringing it up, it's almost as if all guys who enjoy dark games are apparently non existant and that the phone apparently cannot be used as a smartphone, guess its not a "gaming phone" its a "gaming".
I absolutely get the frustration people are having especially after seeing this is a fixable thing that people like me have fixed a while back, meanwhile ASUS with a team of experienced developers havent pushed a fix yet since almost a year. Not everyone wants to install a kernel on their phone and lose warranty, nor do some people trust my kernel which i can absolutely understand as I could theoreticly do really shady sht with it, so not having ASUS fixing things that are clearly fixable is just a punch into every customers face.
I did see some strong neglectance from ASUS mobile, however lately (last 2 months or so) they did seem to start improving there, so there is still hope. Personally I set the limit to the A11 release in terms of Rog3 support. If they do not release a fix for the display with the final A11 release then I honestly lost all hope for ASUS mobile actually being able to fix this issue at all and would sadly have to agree with the OP, that any ASUS mobile product wouldnt be recommendable, as there are other alternatives that are simply cheaper and offer the same or more for the money. The big thing ASUS has going for them is the ressources to achieve something great and the potential to create something that blows everything out of the water, thus far ASUS Mobile has been very disconnected with their target group. Note how I specifically mentioned ASUS mobile devision, If the ASUS Monitor devision would look at the Rog5 and see they implemented a motion chip inside of it. They would honestly just cringe extremely hard and ask what on earth they are doing. The monitor devision is trying to tune monitors to give the least input lag while having the most sharp image possible in motion while the Rog5 puts a motion chip inside to annoy the hell out of any competitive gamer, honestly all high tier mobile players looking at the rog5 would instantly notice the pixelworks crap and just ask, "What the fk is this sht?"
Overall what needs improving here is the communication with the target group and some serious quality control that needs to be set, the fact that the rog5 is in an even worse state than the rog3 is actually sad, albeit this time it's not entirely ASUS's mobile fault, while they did have absolutely dumb decisions in their design to begin with, the SD 888 is ridicolously dumb designed.

Mr_TylerDurden
Rising Star I
Same here I wish I should had bought with a different brand, at least I could had saved some money from this so called half baked flag ship phone.

leviroth0
Rising Star I
Mr_TylerDurden

Same here I wish I should had bought with a different brand, at least I could had saved some money from this so called half baked flag ship phone.

View post
Agreed, yet here we are, lessened learned

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173091#Comment_173091

The display is fine and defnitely worth the money. It's not the displays fault that ASUS mobile division has handled it badly. Same as you cannot say a chainsaw is a pile of garbage just because someone hacks at a tree with it like an axe instead of using it like a normal human being.

Also the excuse of it being a "gaming" phone isnt valid. Idk why people keep bringing it up, it's almost as if all guys who enjoy dark games are apparently non existant and that the phone apparently cannot be used as a smartphone, guess its not a "gaming phone" its a "gaming".

I absolutely get the frustration people are having especially after seeing this is a fixable thing that people like me have fixed a while back, meanwhile ASUS with a team of experienced developers havent pushed a fix yet since almost a year. Not everyone wants to install a kernel on their phone and lose warranty, nor do some people trust my kernel which i can absolutely understand as I could theoreticly do really shady sht with it, so not having ASUS fixing things that are clearly fixable is just a punch into every customers face.

I did see some strong neglectance from ASUS mobile, however lately (last 2 months or so) they did seem to start improving there, so there is still hope. Personally I set the limit to the A11 release in terms of Rog3 support. If they do not release a fix for the display with the final A11 release then I honestly lost all hope for ASUS mobile actually being able to fix this issue at all and would sadly have to agree with the OP, that any ASUS mobile product wouldnt be recommendable, as there are other alternatives that are simply cheaper and offer the same or more for the money. The big thing ASUS has going for them is the ressources to achieve something great and the potential to create something that blows everything out of the water, thus far ASUS Mobile has been very disconnected with their target group. Note how I specifically mentioned ASUS mobile devision, If the ASUS Monitor devision would look at the Rog5 and see they implemented a motion chip inside of it. They would honestly just cringe extremely hard and ask what on earth they are doing. The monitor devision is trying to tune monitors to give the least input lag while having the most sharp image possible in motion while the Rog5 puts a motion chip inside to annoy the hell out of any competitive gamer, honestly all high tier mobile players looking at the rog5 would instantly notice the pixelworks crap and just ask, "What the fk is this sht?"

Overall what needs improving here is the communication with the target group and some serious quality control that needs to be set, the fact that the rog5 is in an even worse state than the rog3 is actually sad, albeit this time it's not entirely ASUS's mobile fault, while they did have absolutely dumb decisions in their design to begin with, the SD 888 is ridicolously dumb designed.

View post
I appreciate your comment.