rubel123kiran
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog 3
Firmware Version: new version
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everytimr
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm facing a very heavy black crush display on my device can u please solve that issue cause when ever I see some horror or other dark movies this makes very awkward and loose intrest in seeing that clips, picture or any other videos.
screenshot-20201027-223313369.jpg
Even though I updated my mobile I'm facing this problem please look into this problem thank you
35 REPLIES 35

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
skailash2001

@nightmaster552 bro are u serious? With hw overlay on or off? Because for me I don't see a difference

View post
tell me what movie that is or find a scene on youtube and I'll try to make a picture from my other phone to show you, but yes, I'm serious. Black crush for me is mostly gone, only there in very specific situations, like for example has to be specific movie at a specific brightness.

meet_rahul05
Star II
meet.rahul05

I am facing the same. Phone delivery on 20th October 2020. Got 2 OTA updates..still the same. Indeed doesn't seems to be a Amoled display.. blacks looks kind of grey. Made a wrong decision .☹️ @asus if this is hardware then replace it . Feels unfair after giving so much money not getting the said products and features.

1. Model Name: asus rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: build number .98
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime.at certain brightness level.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Amazon prime, YouTube,Mx Player

View post
Is there anyone who can take this further to Asus engineering team.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
@nightmaster552 HW overlays on or off?

Try this video, after a minute I can see a lot of black crush, with HW overlay off, and with the overlay on the black crush is reduced but the video looks horrible. See for yourself

ZT-c442ee69
Star III
if you guys wanna see black crush just play the new batman trailer from youtube 😁

mohammed98221
Star III
skailash2001

@nightmaster552 HW overlays on or off?

https://youtu.be/0yRxvTntN7g

Try this video, after a minute I can see a lot of black crush, with HW overlay off, and with the overlay on the black crush is reduced but the video looks horrible. See for yourself

View post
I didn't find any noticeable black crush on that video. I have noticed it on the Batman vs. Bane video on YouTube (sorry can't post links yet).
For me it's most pronounced around 50% brightness. That used to be the case at much lower brightness (25% or lower) but maybe the .98 update did something???
It's unfortunate that so many people are experiencing this issue. I've been lucky in that it hasn't affected me as much as I expected it to. And when I watch videos where I know it's going to be an issue or spot it happening I use the Screen Balance app. I know the app is not a fix but it mitigates the problem enough for me to enjoy the content. I then turn the app off when not needed.