This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Genie Screen Recorder capped at 120 Hz?

Lulleh
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS661KS
Firmware Version: Latest.
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Game Genie
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Okay, small question here. Not sure the info above is relevant but I have unlocked the 160 Hz.

Guess most is familiar with it now. Problem is, Game Genies built in screen recorder caps the hz to 120. Is there any way to make it not do that? After being so used to 160 I can feel a difference and I don't feel I can play at my best with the delay. It's a bit like having a hangover, I guess.

So, is it possible or not, if yes, how?
12 REPLIES 12

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
We can always root the device,but I doubt it's gonna be this smooth

botboy444
Zen Master I
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152969#Comment_152969

That's it? You're just gonna settle for this mod's BS reply? You probably bought this phone for its 144hz capabilities, surely you would care about removing the cap. Our Soc is more than capable of running 144hz screen recording on bypass charging but they just won't let us.

View post
hows is that a BS reply?

its probably capable of it, but

A. what's the point in recording in 144hz when it'll get re-streamed/uploaded at 60fps anyway, i know that more fps makes you "better" due to more input time but what other phone can record at 120hz at it is?

B. if it was possible, it probably wouldn't be smooth and then people would be complaining that its not smooth and you'd have the forums full of people complaining about it

c. the mods are always in a "dammed if you do dammed if you dont" situation

Craven
Rising Star II
botboy444

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152984#Comment_152984

hows is that a BS reply?

its probably capable of it, but

A. what's the point in recording in 144hz when it'll get re-streamed/uploaded at 60fps anyway, i know that more fps makes you "better" due to more input time but what other phone can record at 120hz at it is?

B. if it was possible, it probably wouldn't be smooth and then people would be complaining that its not smooth and you'd have the forums full of people complaining about it

c. the mods are always in a "dammed if you do dammed if you dont" situation

View post
What's the point? There is no point. 144hz screen recording on a 90 fps game where the video output is limited to 60 fps don't even make sense.
What if i only want to play on a screen that's at 144hz responsiveness but the screen recorder keeps telling me "Here, slightly slower and laggier 120hz only, fck you!"?
I'm not in it for the video frame quality, I'm here for the fluid 144hz refresh rate gaming WHILE recording!
And honestly, idgaf about what anyone says that it doesn't make any difference. Just know that I'll think of you as a candy crush type of guy if you say you don't feel any difference. Why buy a powerhouse phone then?

botboy444
Zen Master I
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/153011#Comment_153011

What's the point? There is no point. 144hz screen recording on a 90 fps game where the video output is limited to 60 fps don't even make sense.

What if i only want to play on a screen that's at 144hz responsiveness but the screen recorder keeps telling me "Here, slightly slower and laggier 120hz only, fck you!"?

I'm not in it for the video frame quality, I'm here for the fluid 144hz refresh rate gaming WHILE recording!

And honestly, idgaf about what anyone says that it doesn't make any difference. Just know that I'll think of you as a candy crush type of guy if you say you don't feel any difference. Why buy a powerhouse phone then?

View post
???? your comment literally makes no sense?
"i want 144hz recording AND smooth gameplay"
go buy a PC then, lol
i literally just tested with minecraft, not moving standing in the same place -160fps solid
start recording and it drops to 85 with xmode off (while recording at 120hz)
with xmode on it fluctuates between 95 and 110, standing in the exact same place (and recording at 120hz)
the reason its limited to 120hz while recording is because there is no way in tell that you can record at 144hz AND game AND steam at the same time, it takes a SUPER decent PC to do that so unless you have a dedicated GPU and cooler for your phone, not happening
if you're recording/steaming playing pubg (which has a max of 90fps anyway) it wont make literally any difference to you what so ever, if the game is capped at 90, playing at 144hz or anything more than 90 will do absolutely nothing to assist you

if you dont care what anyone says, then why are you complaining about it? hahahahah

botboy444
Zen Master I
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152969#Comment_152969

That's it? You're just gonna settle for this mod's BS reply? You probably bought this phone for its 144hz capabilities, surely you would care about removing the cap. Our Soc is more than capable of running 144hz screen recording on bypass charging but they just won't let us.

View post
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35580/screen-recording-caps-refresh-rate-at-120hz#latest

You seemed with it back in September, so whats changed? 😉