Grant123
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've tried resetting the phone several times. I made certain to keep only the basic apps.
The problem appears to be permanent. The camera worked for about 4 months.
The message is always the same : "error camera is not ready"
4 REPLIES 4

keren_ASUS
Hi @Grant123
Thank you for reaching out!
Does this issue appear on the stock camera or on other third-party camera apps as well? Please try these troubleshooting steps:
1.Clearing cache & storage of Camera app (long press "Camera">App Info>Storage & memory>Clear cache/Clear storage), then if is also related to some third-party app, try to re-install and check again.
3. Also, if the error persist I will recommend you to try a complete Factory Reset. Please remember to back up your data before performing a factory reset.
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Also, make sure that your phone is updated to the latest firmware version. Thank you!

troubleshooting steps never fix this issue. it's a known hardware failure. it is an insult that we keep getting these steps to try.

Asus Snapdragon Insiders phone
latest Android 11, firmware: 18.1055.2307.269
Not rooted
Issue: The camera stops working...
"ERROR: Camera is not ready. Please try again later."
Fails all camera/flashlight SMMI tests
Does not work in safe mode.
Cleared cache/storage/permissions.
Factory Reset.
Stock camera app doesn't work at all.
3rd party camera works for rear camera only, not front-facing. 
All over these forums on asus.com and reddit Zenfones, ROG phones and Snapdragon Insider Phones all have the same repeated hardware failures. I can't believe this company is still in business. Own the mistakes, replace customers hardware, get to the root of this common failure. You're not selling cheap low-budget devices. These are niche top-tier gaming devices with premium look and feel but junk under the hood. 

Hello, 

We genuinely regret the inconvenience you're experiencing. For a more effective resolution, we recommend reaching out to the service center.

Thank you for your understanding.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus

natesc0tt
Star III

Another abnormality? Oppie, sorry, nothing we can do except recommend some simple basic troubleshooting steps that never yield results because the company already knows it's a hardware failure. How many of these reports until Asus accepts responsibility and replaces/ repairs these devices at no cost to the customer? "Sorry, expired warranty" is a bogus excuse to hide behind. it's clearly an issue with design or manufacture process. Not flowing solder of ICs to logic boards/PCBs enough, or overheating? how about an overhaul of QA department investigating why so many reports of the same issue across multiple Asus devices over the span of multiple years. This is a major problem we keep getting ignored about.