Jecoy
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2102.143
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I purchased ROG Phone 3 last December 2020, in the latest update, there still black crush. Is this normal in ROG Phones?
13 REPLIES 13

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Jecoy

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2102.143
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

I purchased ROG Phone 3 last December 2020, in the latest update, there still black crush. Is this normal in ROG Phones?

Does Black Crush & Red Tint Normal?
Yes it is normal and Asus is working on it. it will be improved with future firmwares.
Stay tuned!

Jaganmohan
Rising Star I
Jecoy

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2102.143
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Does Black Crush & Red Tint Normal?
Its not a normal behaviour, it is a bug. Asus need to fix those issues.

AldRezaine
Star II
Shame to asus devs, someone posted a true fix for black crush but his thread was closed by mods..

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
AldRezaine

Shame to asus devs, someone posted a true fix for black crush but his thread was closed by mods..

View post
Any custom kernel cannot be promoted on official forum and those are zentalk rules. that thread was against those community rules and hence it was closed.
But nothing to worry..! whatever content that thread had about black crush was all forwarded to devs so that they get some information about black crush.
So wait for future firmware releases who knows someday Asus comes up with a black crush fix. 🤞
Stay tuned..!