This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear ASUS, Please refund your buyers if you can't fix the black crush!

Craven
Rising Star II
I'm getting sick of this already! It's been months of FOTA updates and yet there's still no sign of display improvements. ASUS, if you can't/don't/won't fix this black crush issue, at least refund us a portion of our hard-earned cash! Lower the SRP and make it known to your retailers. You advertised a gaming phone with excellent display, we got the gaming part but what about the display? I can barely enjoy movies on this. $1000 on a phone that can't even show proper blacks despite being AMOLED and heats up even though it has a "cooling system"? Does $1000 seem reasonable to you? What are your devs doing wrong? I googled your 144hz competitors and none of their buyers even reported a single case of black crush. I don't care about Pixelworks. You teamed up with them so it's your responsibility.
18 REPLIES 18

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Craven

I'm getting sick of this already! It's been months of FOTA updates and yet there's still no sign of display improvements. ASUS, if you can't/don't/won't fix this black crush issue, at least refund us a portion of our hard-earned cash! Lower the SRP and make it known to your retailers. You advertised a gaming phone with excellent display, we got the gaming part but what about the display? I can barely enjoy movies on this. $1000 on a phone that can't even show proper blacks despite being AMOLED and heats up even though it has a "cooling system"? Does $1000 seem reasonable to you? What are your devs doing wrong? I googled your 144hz competitors and none of their buyers even reported a single case of black crush. I don't care about Pixelworks. You teamed up with them so it's your responsibility.

The only other 144hz OLED phone I know of is the red magic 5g and from what I know it didn't get a global release and not a lot of people bought it
Plus I couldn't find it's official forums does one exist 🤔

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Craven

But is it really all due to pixelworks?
From what I know pixelworks is associated with calibration on many flagships including Asus's own Zenfone 7 which don't have any reported issues with black crush from what I know

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Asus can you promise to deliver an update which will fix this issue? And also provide an exact ETA for the same.
As this is a major issue becos display is the most important feature in any smartphone which we use in our smartphone. And gaming is good but people will not play games all the time on their smartphones. There are other things as well and display is one of the major thing.
This fix will show your dedication towards providing value to your customers. And we feel really annoyed by black crush issue.
You can make your customers feel good about their 1000$ smartphone by providing the this fix. And this will only benefit you in the long term.

hermantan89
Rising Star I
If you no longer want your cell phone, you can donate it. It will give you inner satisfaction, rather than rambling on.
I have asked via e-mail asus rog phone, and they have promised to fix this problem completely, in the next rog phone series.