Did you mean: 

Color inversion issue

costin_paval1
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: perma until fixed.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I was playing around with my new rog 3 phone. All good and smooth (loving it btw)
...until one point when I clicked color inversion....
at this point I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING anymore. I know the phone works...i use the fingerprint and can barely see some of the items/apps etc, but when I try to get to the menu and shut the color inversion off...i just can't cuz i don't know where the button is because it's all dark. I tried to go from the top menu and randomly throw quick button in the top menu at random to maybe guess the color inversion one but to no avail. I don't know how to fix this short from a hard reset which i really don't want to after hours of tweaking my phone.
Normally i should be able to see everything in color inversion mode...but i combined it with color correction and very bright and light menu and themes...when it inversed it's like a black hole swallowed all my stuff from the screen.
Do you happen to have a solution for this?
5 REPLIES 5

ADH
Rising Star II
Hello ,
This is insane . I guess it's more like you triggered some bug because never seen such issue before .
Did you tried to reboot the device ?
Rebooting should solve these kind of problems .
Still Best solution can be reboot device to safe mode . Steps to get into safe mode -
Turn off you device ( if you can't find switch off on screen button then just press and hold power button it will shutdown )
Turn on device using power button .
When asus logo appears just press volume down button till you see your main screen .
There will be little tag on screen saying "Safe mode"
Now try to turn off settings .
If not then just backup all data from internal storage to your external usb or anything and reset the device .

Good day

costin_paval1
Star I
Hi ADH.
Thank you for your answer. I have figured it out prior to you answering.
Writing here just in case it happens to someone else.
If you ever do color inversion on your ROG 3 phone and the screen is black or ridiculously dimmed to the point you can't see anything and you panicked like me and got out of the menu (am not a 10 year old and I should be ashamed of it) instead of being calm and just pressing where you last saw that button....but i digress.
Step 1 ...connect your aero active cooler then...
Step 2 ...connect the charging cable...at this point the phone should automatically light up and do some stuff that should jog your device from that state.....if not....
Step 3...when you are on the main screen with the fingerprint waiting to be scanned to log in...(soooo log in screen duh)... Just tap the fingerprint without allowing the device to authenticate. At this point the device has a very bright screen and you can see what the hell is happening over there. Use this time to scroll the top menu and activate the X-mode.

That should totally do it...it worked for me that way.
Cheers.

costin_paval1
Star I
Well and then go in the menu and dezactivate the damn color inversion....

ADH
Rising Star II
Good to know you figured it out ,
Cheers