Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2106.138
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime I try
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Ever since the Android 11 update, I can no longer screen cast to my smart TV. When I try, the tv doesn't say it's connecting to my phones name anymore. Instead it's all a bunch of numbers and letters. And then fails to connect. I've tried resetting the router/phone and TV but nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this issue? And have a work around? Or do I just have to wait for another update?
5 REPLIES 5

honeytags
Star II
Yes, Absolutely it's true even on my ROG Phone 3 unable to Screencast on Tv After Android 11 update.. don't know the reason why ? Team Asus if anyone is reading this post plz make a note & fix this issue with an update.

Screenshot attached showing that the phone is unable to connect to Tv just Keeps On Showing Connecting & Nothing Happens?
screenshot-20210901-024538527.jpg

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
I extremely rarely use screencast but I noticed some major changes. First of all, for me it seems to work just fine however the image quality and FPS are much much much more stable and the delay was basicially non existant. I don't think I have ever experienced streaming this smoothly and nice looking on any TV. I do think there have defnitely been some changes on screencasting as a whole or that on Android 10 it was borked for me somehow.
I am not sure if due to the new method some TV's might have issues connecting, but I assume for now that is happening as I can clearly see there are some major changes for me.

BPM
Rising Star II
Screen casting is working for me in both of the cases I tried.
First test: Samsung QLED TV (from 2019). It took several tries to connect. Kept failing to connect. Tuned the TV off and back on, then it connected.
Second test: Roku Premiere+ on another TV. Failed to connect the first attempt, but connected just fine the second time
In both cases, there's about 0.5-1 second delay between the phone's screen and the casted TV. Not useful for gaming, but should be fine for anything else.

Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
I found a fix already, sorry, forgot to update. I had to reset my network settings on my phone and it fixed the issue for me