crasher308
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2111.185
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: every 12 - 48 hours
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I grow so tired of using this phone because the main functionality of it, being used to make and receive calls, does not work half the time. I had to force my phone to use WiFi calling by adjusting some permissions using ADB commands because when my phone is not using WiFi calling I do not receive 90% of incoming calls. This causes so much grief with my family and I've been tired of explaining it to them. I even asked support through email if they were going to add proper WiFi calling support to T-Mobile in the US months ago and after going back and forth with support they mentioned they had no plans to do so, which is why I needed to find an alternative way to toggle the setting.

I have to toggle my sim cards on and off every day or every other day because for some reason the WiFi calling isn't available even though the setting is enabled. VoLTE seems to stop working the same way despite the setting enabled Yet there's no way for me to know that wifi calling is suddenly unavailable I just have to keep babysitting it.

To top that off, every single day, even multiple times a day, I have to set my home app to a third party launcher. I have tried multiple apps, which currently I've settled on using the Microsoft launcher. Yet, every day I get prompted suddenly to set my home app. I check the settings menu and go to default apps and find the home app is set to none when this behavior occurs. I have scoured through discussions every few months looking for a solution that doesn't involve a factory reset but nothing I have tried works. Yes I have set the home app to Asus and then toggled it to the third party app, I've turned off battery optimizations for my home apps, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, I've cleared caches and made sure no suspicious apps can modify system settings. The phone has a mind of its own when it comes to resetting my default apps.

Every time an update is available through firmware I pray that these issues will go away but they've fallen on deaf ears. Honestly as great as the phone is with performance and battery life. I will not forget these experiences next time I look to buy a phone. I have had way too much grief with this to consider Asus as a contender in the future. Until their phones have the radio bands to support making calls and they have proper support with US carriers (especially to have something as small as wifi calling and fully functioning VoLTE) I don't think I will be buying an Asus phone again in the future.
0 REPLIES 0