Bypass charging drain a bit of battery in very heavy games

dtrapero
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: Really heavy games
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact 1.1, Armoury Crate
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Ok, so the bypass charging feature received a fix in the last update. The fix was to address the issue in which bypass charging would randomly not activate when told to. But there is a new issue with very heavy games, especially Genshin Impact 1.1. While using bypass charging on the max settings, the phone will eventually discharge 1% or 2% or even 5%. This happens less frequently on lower settings, and does not happen at all on Fortnite max settings or PUBG 90fps. I'm suspecting it is only an issue with overheating with the max settings due to genshin impact being a seriously heavy game. What do you say guys? Is it a software bug or does overheating play an important role?
3 REPLIES 3

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
dtrapero

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Really heavy games
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact 1.1, Armoury Crate

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Ok, so the bypass charging feature received a fix in the last update. The fix was to address the issue in which bypass charging would randomly not activate when told to. But there is a new issue with very heavy games, especially Genshin Impact 1.1. While using bypass charging on the max settings, the phone will eventually discharge 1% or 2% or even 5%. This happens less frequently on lower settings, and does not happen at all on Fortnite max settings or PUBG 90fps. I'm suspecting it is only an issue with overheating with the max settings due to genshin impact being a seriously heavy game. What do you say guys? Is it a software bug or does overheating play an important role?

Bypass charging drain a bit of battery in very heavy games
Well,it basically means the phone needs more watts to use,I have the same "issue",but,try to put 30 watt charging and I don't think you'll lose battery.

xihe
Rising Star II
Disable slow charging. Use a high rated wall charger and good quality USB C cable.

dtrapero
Star III
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40456/bypass-charging-drain-a-bit-of-battery-in-very-heavy-ga...

Well,it basically means the phone needs more watts to use,I have the same "issue",but,try to put 30 watt charging and I don't think you'll lose battery.

View post
have you tried it yet?