This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New ROG 3 came with a battery with no charge

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I just got my brand new ROG 3 strix edition and I am a bit concerned. First thing I noticed is that it had no protective film on the screen and the battery was totally dead so much so that it would not fire up until I had it on its charger for 5 minutes or so. Is this normal. I have had tons of New phones before and this is the first one that came like this. I am wondering if this particular phone has been sold to someone else and returned??????????
39 REPLIES 39

devicentextian
Rising Star II
the phone doesn't came with a protective film on screen. im not sure about the battery being dead in first time opening it. the firstime i opened mine has 40% something

NikX
Star II
Dont you got a sealed pack mate?

NikX
Star II
My rog 3 is heating even on slow charging mode. Any solution would be appreciated.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I'm not to concerned about the protective film I bought a ZenFone 5 z that came without one but like your ROG 3 the battery had about the same charge 40 something percent. I have only had it for a few hours (9 or so) so it's a bit early to tell of it's a Brumby. It seems to be ok so far so maybe I'm worrying about nothing but I just thought I'd ask you guys to see what you think. O well after waiting Two weeks for delivery I really don't want to return it so I guess I will just put it through its paces and see how it goes. Thanks for your response it does make me feel better knowing that they don't come with a film