This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New ROG 3 came with a battery with no charge

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I just got my brand new ROG 3 strix edition and I am a bit concerned. First thing I noticed is that it had no protective film on the screen and the battery was totally dead so much so that it would not fire up until I had it on its charger for 5 minutes or so. Is this normal. I have had tons of New phones before and this is the first one that came like this. I am wondering if this particular phone has been sold to someone else and returned??????????
39 REPLIES 39

Roystoys
Zen Master III
xihe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129510#Comment_129510

They flash to global ROM

View post
Ok that makes sense thanks I'm learning a lot about this phone from you guys and at my age I can use all the help I can get. When I was I kid a mobile phone was totally SciFi then they brought out there thing that you needed a suit case for and only the CIA and the FBI and the like had them LOL

aguo1882
Star III
Roystoys

I paid$950 au for it . And that's what I thought must have happened, after they flashed it they must have forgotten to turn it off thus the flat battery. I also got a 40 gb prepaid SIM card as part of the deal so I am pretty happy with the price .I have been using develoer mode for a year or so now on my old 5 z and yes it's one of the first things I set up when it arrived. I didn't know what,, disable he overlay,, did so I'll enable it now thanks for the tip . It's running OS 17 0823 2007.32 and I think the latest is OS 17.0823.2009 .98 Does that sound right. Having been flashed will it still get OTA updates when they are released??

View post
You must have gotten it from Kogan haha. Its amazing value, just need to live with a few issues.
Yes, .98 is the latest firmware. I was not able to get the updates OTA, so I just use the method I described to update.
Very happy with it so far. The S20 Ultra (Exynos) was a huge disappointment, I will never touch Exynos again, its so bad that the Snapdragon variant is not available everywhere.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Yes Kogan it was. I have downloaded the zip file but I haven't been able to work out how to copy and paste it to the root directory yet but I rufuse to let technology best me so I will work it out come hell or high water

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Any tips appreciated but I will have to leave it until tomorrow. I've been playing with this phone since about 11am and the war office is going to kill me if I don't put it down for the night and come to bed so later guys. Again thanks for all your help and tips muchly appreciated ☺️

Roystoys
Zen Master III
PS Asus is very slow with their OTA updates I do remember that much