Scorpion
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi guys, my ROG 3 just fell from my hands and screen went completely black and unfunctional. How am I supposed to access to my data now as I can't unlock the device anymore? I tried to mirror it into PC but I need to unlock the phone first which I can't do.. finger print won't work either. I would really appreciate it if someone has any idea how to do so. Thank you!
10 REPLIES 10

eqlmhrheqlm
Star III
unfortunately, i believe the only way to do that is to get a new screen panel and change the broken one.
i had the same situation, i had to change the screen.

Scorpion
Rising Star I
eqlmhrheqlm

unfortunately, i believe the only way to do that is to get a new screen panel and change the broken one.

i had the same situation, i had to change the screen.

View post
Hey, thanks for the info!
May I know about how much did it cost you? 🙂

eqlmhrheqlm
Star III
Scorpion

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/210016#Comment_210016

Hey, thanks for the info!

May I know about how much did it cost you? 🙂

View post
about 120$ or 130$ what i remember, bought it from eBay and managed to swap it by myself.
what is funny, is it seems better than the original, it does not suffer as much as the original from the black crush

Scorpion
Rising Star I
eqlmhrheqlm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/210026#Comment_210026

about 120$ or 130$ what i remember, bought it from eBay and managed to swap it by myself.

what is funny, is it seems better than the original, it does not suffer as much as the original from the black crush

View post
Is it easy swapping it or could it be risky? How is the fingerprint doing after you changed the screen?