cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Crush explained ( Rog3 / OP 8 )

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
youtube.com/watch?v=8EoRnfA1cK0
Here is an explanation as to why black crush is happening and how Asus can fix it. It also explains how this is NOT a hardware defect even with an example.
I hope this will clearify a great deal and that you guys need to stop spreading weird nonsense like its caused by high refreshrate screens, hardware defect or that asus cheaped out on displays. Just chill a little bit and let asus fix it, and Asus you need to stop the hotfixes, it's seriously doing more damage than good.
Hope to see much less black crush topics as it's really getting old by now.
82 REPLIES 82

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
wojtekmarchewka

@nightmaster552 my friend 🙂 you are doing a good job, and as an expert, I have a question of a different category.

One of the customers who bought the ROG 3 from me reported something unusual with a battery, the "accubattery" application shows the factory battery capacity at 6000mAh, real about 4900mAh. The customer also has a USB-Meter, which gave him about 4900mAh while charging from 0% to 99%. Do you know anything about it?

I will be grateful for your response 🙂

View post
Accubattery reading are always an estimate and arent exacly accurate. As for his USB-Meter claim I would like to see him timelapse a full charge and see it. Always be cautious, from experience I can tell customers have a strong tendency to not be entirely honest.
Ask him to provide a full timelapse of similair to prove the reading from something like an type C meter, then go from there. I have had customers telling me they never modded anything only to find them having opened their notebooks or telling me they don't know why they graphicscard broke but when looking at the PCB I find liquid metal residents which are components away.

ToM_M
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130031#Comment_130031

it really depends who bought it. People like me who are very experienced will enjoy the phone a lot because we can fix things and use the technological aspects to the fullest extend. For instance I am better at using the camera than 99.9999% of the rog3 users out there, same goes to performance, dealing with black crush etc.

But you do have a point, it's hard to recommend to ordinary people as it is a little flakey.

View post
@nightmaster552 , About what you were saying about the camera... the camera app is very poor, it produces very low-quality pictures and I know the sensor is capapble of much more than that, can you share some tips with us so we can make some decent pictures with our ROG Phone 3? do you have a good camera application that suitable for that?
Thank you

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ToM.M

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130032#Comment_130032

@nightmaster552 , About what you were saying about the camera... the camera app is very poor, it produces very low-quality pictures and I know the sensor is capapble of much more than that, can you share some tips with us so we can make some decent pictures with our ROG Phone 3? do you have a good camera application that suitable for that?

Thank you

View post
I use for automated quick photos my own processing algorythm. I agree that the automode could use quite some improvememnts, that beign said, if you want to produce the highest quality pictures on the phone, then you need to get used to the pro mode of the stock camera app.