Nengah
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not:.not
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The whole phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================
I have been noticing my phone's battery Draining a little faster than it should for the size of the battery. It drains about 10% when I am at the gym and I barely use it as I am training. One thing I also notice is when I charge the phone to 80% only it drains faster If I were to charge it to 100%. Obviously that would be the case since it's 20% battery charge from the max but it seems to drain heaps quicker than it should. I have a photo that shows the 100%-10% usage. I would really like to know if I should send the phone to Asus as it's still under warranty. I contacted them last year but it was entering the holiday period and I didn't want to not have my phone over that period.
screenshot-20210103-223647654.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Nengah

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3

Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99

Rooted or not:.not

Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The whole phone

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I have been noticing my phone's battery Draining a little faster than it should for the size of the battery. It drains about 10% when I am at the gym and I barely use it as I am training. One thing I also notice is when I charge the phone to 80% only it drains faster If I were to charge it to 100%. Obviously that would be the case since it's 20% battery charge from the max but it seems to drain heaps quicker than it should. I have a photo that shows the 100%-10% usage. I would really like to know if I should send the phone to Asus as it's still under warranty. I contacted them last year but it was entering the holiday period and I didn't want to not have my phone over that period.

screenshot-20210103-223647654.jpg

Battery Issue
Your SOT was good enough becoz you played games on battery
I m having 6-7 hours SOT with no gaming on battery and 144hz all time
Disable battery optimization in battery settings to increase 1hour around SOT , it helped me so it will work same for everyone
Use by0ass charging while gaming so you battery will stay untouched while gaming

Nengah
Star I
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42822/battery-issue

Disable battery optimization in battery settings to increase 1hour around SOT , it helped me so it will work same for everyone

Use by0ass charging while gaming so you battery will stay untouched while gaming

View post
Okay I will give that ago thanks. What exactly does bypass charging do?

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Nengah

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144513#Comment_144513

Okay I will give that ago thanks. What exactly does bypass charging do?

View post
It reduces heat,and by not using the battery you extend its life span for more than 2 years kinda

eqlm2
Rising Star I
screenshot-20210104-104330804.jpg
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42822/battery-issue

View post
It is not true,
He has an issue. Man it is 6000mA battery, even a samsung with 3000ma can give you more SOT than this.
Dont forget mine is charged to 80%
Comparing my battery with other phones which have smaller batteries, it is not ok either. But it is better than his.