Battery Drain issue on ROG 3

captainMAD
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: noo
Frequency of Occurrence: Every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): ideal phone simply draining and normal 60hz refresh rate.Normal day to day usage
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,what is the use of big battry used in rog 3
6000mah battry ?
Or it's a gimmick, and just for....
I have bought recently on dasarath flipkart sale ,it would be one month only.
fix this issue as soon as possible
21 REPLIES 21

Ramswaroop
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/194786#Comment_194786

Charge more than 90% to reset those stats.

View post
Thank you for the suggestion.
I turned off the mobile for about an hour and restarted it. All stats had gone.
Charged to about 75% and checked.. None of the apps went over 80%.
But after 5 days of continued usage i see couple of apps going over 100%.

I also tried over 90% charge and it corrected the stats.
But I don't want to charge it over 80% as it says battery life will significantly reduce if charged over 80% on every recharge.

barekzop
Star I
I'm sure this battery draining article which opened recently is because of the new update. So if you can give us a new one with the fix it's gonna be perfect. But please do it ASAP since rhe draining is so high that we can't really ignore it.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Ramswaroop

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/194971#Comment_194971

Thank you for the suggestion.

I turned off the mobile for about an hour and restarted it. All stats had gone.

Charged to about 75% and checked.. None of the apps went over 80%.

But after 5 days of continued usage i see couple of apps going over 100%.

I also tried over 90% charge and it corrected the stats.

But I don't want to charge it over 80% as it says battery life will significantly reduce if charged over 80% on every recharge.

View post
The only way to reset those stats is to charge above 90%. It is the default behaviour of Android system.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
barekzop

I'm sure this battery draining article which opened recently is because of the new update. So if you can give us a new one with the fix it's gonna be perfect. But please do it ASAP since rhe draining is so high that we can't really ignore it.

View post
Apps like Facebook, Instagram, Messenger are main culprits to battery drains. Restrict it's activity as much as possible or better, uninstall them and use the Lite versions. Google app is also a problem as it is always wanting to know about you - so again, restricting these will help your battery.

itopinonavevano
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195921#Comment_195921

Apps like Facebook, Instagram, Messenger are main culprits to battery drains. Restrict it's activity as much as possible or better, uninstall them and use the Lite versions. Google app is also a problem as it is always wanting to know about you - so again, restricting these will help your battery.

View post
It could be a palliative, but it's not a solution to this real problem... I always used fb, instagram, google and messenger without any restriction, and i always did 12hr of screen... When the update came out, after a single charge (always slow charge, always planned charge, always detached within 30 minutes after reaching 100%, always first detaching the brick from the socket and at least 10 seconds after i detach the cable from the phone) the battery life dropped from a 12+hr to a 7hr for every cycle, AND I DIDN'T CHANGE ANY HABIT, ANY USE, ANY SETTINGS... and is now almost 3 months that my battery is almost half the capacity of the pre-update battery, and, i repeat, it dropped in one single charge without any change to the phone or it's use... It's undoubtedly a software problem, and no one has done nothing since it appeared...
P.s.: i always put the phone in airplane mode during the night and where previously i was doing a max 1% of battery drain till the morning, now i do even 4% of battery drain with the same conditions... And no, it's not me that sleeps four times more than before but the phone that consume ate least four times more than before.