This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have an ETA on the next FOTA update?

Craven
Rising Star II
I need to reformat soon but first i need to update to avoid possible common issues. It's been over a month now.
10 REPLIES 10

maximumsid
Star III
Black crush isn't 'fixed', they've just added an overlay that increases brightness in blacks when video is playing but that makes pure blacks appear greyish, if you don't understand, turn on 'Disable HW overlays' in developer options and see the difference. This isn't a long term solution, they still need to tweak levels that would minimize black crush at different brightness levels and refresh rates, or allow users to tweak those settings manually. I am still waiting for this to be fixed.

ethannieves26
Star I
@Gustav_ASUS are the problems with the terrible picture quality from the Netflix app going to be fixed with the next update? Really the main issue I'm having with the phone right now. Not much else is bothering me.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ethannieves26 We're making further tweaks to the display with the next update. Please check after updating and get back to me with your feedback.

Ogghy
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@ethannieves26 We're making further tweaks to the display with the next update. Please check after updating and get back to me with your feedback.

View post
When it comes?