This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Rooted App or any custom ROM available for avoiding Black crush?

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: 0.99
Rooted or not: Happily Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Black crush everytime I play videos.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): You suggest.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

3 REPLIES 3

ZT-fdcf9d8b
Star I
Use screen balance app

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
pradhyumna

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 0.99
  3. Rooted or not: Happily Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Black crush everytime I play videos.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): You suggest.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Any Rooted App or any custom ROM available for avoiding Black crush?
You might want to see this thread
nightmaster552

Hello dear ASUS devs,

now I had the courage and time to root my phone and look into the issue and guys, I feel ya.

The implementation from pixelworks is utterly garbage and give you literally 0 control. I know you guys are trying to make some sort of overlay hotfix but it just won't cut it. I know you cannot just remove the pixelworks feature just like that, due to possible conflicts with upper management however what I think would help is an easy way for either devs / users with rooted phones to disable the service, maybe through some sort of config file, build.prop w/e. I've tried to get rid of it causing the boot process to freeze and tried to disable the service after boot which would cause a black screen so it's very deep in the system process. All I ask for is to give us the ability to disable it without having to do a stunt and let us then fix the screen ourselves with k-lapse or KCAL implementation in our kernels, as I can see your hands are absolutely tied due to pixelworks extremely locked and unflexible solution and it doesn't seem they have any intention of making a proper recalibration anytime soon.

To the devs about the black crush issues caused by banding

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
A custom rom won't sort out the issue as the pixelworks application is stored in the vendor partition which typically doesn't get touched by custom roms.