sliderjt
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2108.158
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android for work
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since upgrading to 18.0410.2108.158 the toggle for Work profile is missing in the quick launch screen.
To turn off work profile I now have to go to settings, accounts, work profile and turn it off from there.
Ive checked the edit area for the shortcuts but can't see it.
Ive removed the work profile and reapplied it, even factory reset the device.
For those who may not be aware what work profile is, it is when your work installs MDM software such as InTune or Airwatch and a separate work profile is set up which they can manage without touching your personal data. Google Android for Work for more info.
Attached is a photo of my quick launch items, note that the work profile (briefcase icon) is missing.
screenshot-20210904-233645278.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sliderjt

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0410.2108.158
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android for work

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Since upgrading to 18.0410.2108.158 the toggle for Work profile is missing in the quick launch screen.

To turn off work profile I now have to go to settings, accounts, work profile and turn it off from there.

Ive checked the edit area for the shortcuts but can't see it.

Ive removed the work profile and reapplied it, even factory reset the device.

For those who may not be aware what work profile is, it is when your work installs MDM software such as InTune or Airwatch and a separate work profile is set up which they can manage without touching your personal data. Google Android for Work for more info.

Attached is a photo of my quick launch items, note that the work profile (briefcase icon) is missing.

screenshot-20210904-233645278.jpg

Android for work toggle missing
Didn't know ROG 3 has Work profile. On ROG 2, it is called TwinApps, which allows you to have same apps with different account.
So which firmware version did you last see the Work profile quick tiles?

sliderjt
Star I
Android for work and twin apps are two different features. AFW is not native to Asus. It's a part of Android and MDM. Your company needs to set it up for your device. It helps keep work and personal separate on BYOD.

I last saw the toggle on 18.0410.2106.138.
For a work around I stopped using Microsoft Launcher and moved to the stock Asus launcher where they now have a toggle on the work app draw.
screenshot-20210907-073826385-281-29.jpg