cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Broke ROG Phone 3

Aerevyr
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3 (Strix version I believe)
Firmware Version: Version WW-31.0210.0210.230
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent (no variation)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After Updating to latest Firmware Version the Phone app immediately "Call Ended" upon dialing a number, with the exception of emergency services (911) takes about 30 seconds but begins to ring.
Incoming Calls go straight to voicemail.
VoLTE option is not found in settings except in the "STATUS BAR ICON MANAGER" section where I can choose to have it display in the status bar (it doesn't display)
I have :
- Restarted the Phone
- Shutdown and Turned back on the Phone
- Enabled, waited up to 30 minutes, and Disabled Airplane mode multiple times (dozen+)
- Factory Reset the phone
- Installed Alternate launchers
- Gone through support with my Carrier (no issues on their end the SIM and everything works perfectly fine in non-ASUS-Android 12 phones)
47 REPLIES 47

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
@Gustav_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS : PLEASE FIX THIS FKN BUG! It's not too much to ask for! Or is it?!

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
@Nasp do I need to have bootloader unlocked for reverting from A12 to A11?

ClownVixen
Star II
Deepan_Ch

@Nasp do I need to have bootloader unlocked for reverting from A12 to A11?

View post
No. Just follow the directions from the link and it will work. Make sure you read Macro's post a few comments up from this. Check your version in settings and download the CN, WW or whatever version depending on what it displays in your "about phone" software area at the very bottom. It's the first two letters that determine which file you need.
Don't rely on Google backup either. I lost all of my messages and saved passwords. It saved everything else on the drive, but removing Google deleted my backup.
Oh well, phone works again and I can make phone calls.

Pheebau
Star II
ClownVixen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219342#Comment_219342

No. Just follow the directions from the link and it will work. Make sure you read Macro's post a few comments up from this. Check your version in settings and download the CN, WW or whatever version depending on what it displays in your "about phone" software area at the very bottom. It's the first two letters that determine which file you need.

Don't rely on Google backup either. I lost all of my messages and saved passwords. It saved everything else on the drive, but removing Google deleted my backup.

Oh well, phone works again and I can make phone calls.

View post
What do you mean by removing Google? Re-logging back to your Google account should let you access any backups you did in Google drive, no? If you could please clarify as I only backup using Google drive from the phone's settings.
Backups are not obvious to locate in Google drive but they are there. They are not easily located as they don't appear on the main page of your Google drive account main page.
Thanks.

w4ffl3s
Star II
After speaking to some devs for different phones but same snapdragon 865/865+ folks on the interwebs it seems that the culprit of a lot of your problems has to do with overlapping security software. Which is actually a Google problem not really Asus's end.

You know how sometimes in Windows the dates of oem drivers are set to to like 2006 even thought it's the latest. Its along those lines. But fear not they are working on a fix specifically the team from the Poco phone community. Has to do with how our phones do the A B saves. And how are stocks recovery keeps a copy of the dates but fails to erase it prior to boot. Will keep you guys posted. 🤘