Did you mean: 

Always On Display is so Dark!

Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: periodically. Sometimes it's bright, but most the time its so dark it's hard to see.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The always on display is hard to see most times. Is there a way to manually control the brightness or stop it from changing from super dark to bright? Sometimes in bright light, I can barely see it. My old phones AOD was nice and bright and didn't change brightness randomly. Any help would be great!
5 REPLIES 5

MV
Rising Star II
sorasynngaming

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: periodically. Sometimes it's bright, but most the time its so dark it's hard to see.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

The always on display is hard to see most times. Is there a way to manually control the brightness or stop it from changing from super dark to bright? Sometimes in bright light, I can barely see it. My old phones AOD was nice and bright and didn't change brightness randomly. Any help would be great!

+1
Also too much battery consuming feature. Can it be optimised more?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sorasynngaming

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: periodically. Sometimes it's bright, but most the time its so dark it's hard to see.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

It uses the light sensor when you light up the screen to determine its current brightness. But I believe it only has two or maximum three different brightness steps. If it's too dark laying on your table. Try waking the phone and then putting it back to sleep. If it's still too dark, then you probably have too much light/sunlight hitting your phone. It would consume too much power if we let it go any higher.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36199/always-on-display-is-so-dark

+1

Also too much battery consuming feature. Can it be optimised more?

View post
I don't know but it consumes more if you have it in standby for long periods on a table. If it's in your pocket, then it will turn off.

Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36199/always-on-display-is-so-dark

It uses the light sensor when you light up the screen to determine its current brightness. But I believe it only has two or maximum three different brightness steps. If it's too dark laying on your table. Try waking the phone and then putting it back to sleep. If it's still too dark, then you probably have too much light/sunlight hitting your phone. It would consume too much power if we let it go any higher.

View post
Thanks!