This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus GX701 eats batteries

edricbewley
Star I
System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Build 19042)
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Zephyrus S GX701GXR
Frequency of occurrence: about 18 months
Reset OS: N/A
Screenshot or video:
========================

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
         Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
   System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
       System Model: Zephyrus S GX701GXR
           BIOS: GX701GXH.308 (type: UEFI)
        Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
          Memory: 32768MB RAM
   Available OS Memory: 32618MB RAM

About every 18 months, this laptop breaks - kills the battery. Which means, JUST outside of the warranty periods.

The first time this happened, it was said to be a faulty system board that had to be replaced - along with the battery it killed.
Once again, it appears I'm looking at the same issue - again. The battery is dead, and will not charge. At all. The last time, the repairs costs were frankly shockinly extravagant- I'd likely have been better of buying a new system.
I keep the system set to "maximize battery life", and it's rarely used without the AC power. So, it's not so much an issue of "user caused malfunction".

Every diagnostic I run does not return any errors - but that was true the first time, as well.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
edricbewley
  1. System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Build 19042)
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: Zephyrus S GX701GXR
  4. Frequency of occurrence: about 18 months
  5. Reset OS: N/A
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: Zephyrus S GX701GXR

BIOS: GX701GXH.308 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32618MB RAM

About every 18 months, this laptop breaks - kills the battery. Which means, JUST outside of the warranty periods.

The first time this happened, it was said to be a faulty system board that had to be replaced - along with the battery it killed.

Once again, it appears I'm looking at the same issue - again. The battery is dead, and will not charge. At all. The last time, the repairs costs were frankly shockinly extravagant- I'd likely have been better of buying a new system.

I keep the system set to "maximize battery life", and it's rarely used without the AC power. So, it's not so much an issue of "user caused malfunction".

Every diagnostic I run does not return any errors - but that was true the first time, as well.

Zephyrus GX701 eats batteries
@edricbewley
Regarding the use of batteries, I would suggest referring to the following FAQ.
[Notebook] ASUS Battery Information Center | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.