Star I
System: ZenWifi ET8
Battery or AC: AC
Model: AXE6600
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I don't see where I can change the channels used for serving clients in each band separately for the Router unit versus the satellite unit in this mesh system. Both units are using the same 80MHz wide channel for clients in the 5GHz band. Ditto for the 2.4GHz band. I cant tell what channels they are using for 6GHz because the only tool I have for looking at the channel utilization is not capable of 6GHz. To be clear, I am not talking about the Backhaul connection, I know both units must use the same channel to backhaul the user traffic. What I am talking about is the "fronthaul" channels (the client-serving radios). This arrangement is definitely causing interference, they should be serving clients on different channels.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
knadsady
  1. System: ZenWifi ET8
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: AXE6600
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I don't see where I can change the channels used for serving clients in each band separately for the Router unit versus the satellite unit in this mesh system. Both units are using the same 80MHz wide channel for clients in the 5GHz band. Ditto for the 2.4GHz band. I cant tell what channels they are using for 6GHz because the only tool I have for looking at the channel utilization is not capable of 6GHz. To be clear, I am not talking about the Backhaul connection, I know both units must use the same channel to backhaul the user traffic. What I am talking about is the "fronthaul" channels (the client-serving radios). This arrangement is definitely causing interference, they should be serving clients on different channels.

ZenWiFi ET8 Wi-Fi Channels
@knadsady
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your Router questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
Contact Us | ASUS Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.