This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenWIFI AX (XT8) mesh firmware 3.0.0.4.386.49873 - intermittent drops and speed issue

jch
Star I
Model: ZenWIFI AX (XT8) firmware 3.0.0.4.386.49873
Frequency of occurrence: very
========================
Detailed description:I've been a loyal Asus customer, this is my 5th Asus router, but this XT8 is by far the worst firmware quality ever!
Paid over $500 for a mesh wifi that sucks
Upgraded to the new firmware recently, released on 2022/08/04, version 3.0.0.4.386.49873
Wifi keeps dropping all my home devices (laptop, tv, ipad, iphone) on 2.4G or 5G and having poor connection speed (I'm on 1000 mbps)
Connected to my router directly no issue, connected back to XT8 mesh, went back to drop and poor speed, I have to reinstall back to my previous older firmware 3.0.0.4.386.46061 to avoid these issues
Terrible and more than disappointed
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
jch
  1. Model: ZenWIFI AX (XT8) firmware 3.0.0.4.386.49873
  2. Frequency of occurrence: very

========================

Detailed description:I've been a loyal Asus customer, this is my 5th Asus router, but this XT8 is by far the worst firmware quality ever!

Paid over $500 for a mesh wifi that sucks

Upgraded to the new firmware recently, released on 2022/08/04, version 3.0.0.4.386.49873

Wifi keeps dropping all my home devices (laptop, tv, ipad, iphone) on 2.4G or 5G and having poor connection speed (I'm on 1000 mbps)

Connected to my router directly no issue, connected back to XT8 mesh, went back to drop and poor speed, I have to reinstall back to my previous older firmware 3.0.0.4.386.46061 to avoid these issues

Terrible and more than disappointed

ZenWIFI AX (XT8) mesh firmware 3.0.0.4.386.49873 - intermittent drops and speed issue
@jch
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your Router questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
ASUS - Contact UsSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Viktar
Star I
Same exact issue after the upgrade. Rolled back to the previous one - everything is back to normal

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.