Did you mean: 

ZenFone 3 - need email password after full wipe

TarynLondon
Star I

Model Name: Zenfone 3 I think - ASUS X008DC
Firmware Version: Unknown
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Hi all,
I'm working on a project to get old phones cleaned off and some ebooks and basic games added, to provide to folks in isolation/retirement homes to give them something to help with covid/isolation boredom. I had an Asus phone donated to the project today - I believe it's a Zenfone 3. I did a full factory reset as I do with all the donated phones, but in order to set up a fresh account it's prompting to sign into an email address that was previously synced with the phone. As it's donated, I don't have access to that.
Is there a way I can wipe and start it fresh without prior information? I could ask the person who donated it, but most people would be leery of logging into a phone that'll be given away.

2 REPLIES 2

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi TarynLondon
Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable. If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data. 
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key".
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Yes"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

abhaykrishnan02
Zen Master I
TarynLondon
  1. Model Name: Zenfone 3 I think - ASUS X008DC
  2. Firmware Version: Unknown
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted

Hi all,

I'm working on a project to get old phones cleaned off and some ebooks and basic games added, to provide to folks in isolation/retirement homes to give them something to help with covid/isolation boredom. I had an Asus phone donated to the project today - I believe it's a Zenfone 3. I did a full factory reset as I do with all the donated phones, but in order to set up a fresh account it's prompting to sign into an email address that was previously synced with the phone. As it's donated, I don't have access to that.

Is there a way I can wipe and start it fresh without prior information? I could ask the person who donated it, but most people would be leery of logging into a phone that'll be given away.

ZenFone 3 - need email password after full wipe
If u have reset your device from setting then , previous google account is not necessary to sign in. But
If u have reset your device through recovery mode ,then u have to sign in through your previous account because of android security.