This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Card & SSD Compability

Waffle
Star II
Hi there! This is Waffle_lol, from Malaysia. May I ask if my laptop supports Kingston KC2500 500GB as I bought it from Online Shopping. By the way, I have yet get the parcel so I wanted to ask if I need to return the SSD or not. Information will be given below. I've also replaced the RAM. Meanwhile, I also want to replace the WiFi card as many people say it's compatible.

Laptop Model: ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LHO

RAM:
Supported speed: 2933Mhz
Removed - Original RAM. RAM information: Micron, 8GB 1Rx8 DDR4 3200Mhz
Installed - I bought and replaced with. Kingston ValueRAM KVR32S22S8/8 8GB 1Rx8 DDR4 3200Mhz * Note: I bought two pair of this. So therefore I have 16GB RAM installed.

Processor: i5-10300H

SSD:
Original SSD: It's in use. It's a Micron 2210 512GB. M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.
Wanted to install: Kingston KC2500 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.

WiFi Card:
Original: It's In use. Mediatek MT7921. WiFi 6
Wanted to change: Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit - Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6 + BT Adapter in M.2 Socket with Key E 2230

Here are all the information given. I hope there will be someone who can assist to assist me. Your help is also greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Waffle_lol
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Waffle
Star II
Hi there! I just contacted ASUS Hotline for twice. They finally give me a confirmation that it's not compatible. During the first call, the agent just said to me usually the motherboard is designed for single-sided. During the second call, another agent give me the confirmation that doubled-sided SSD is not able to slot in to the laptop. Anyway, I appreciate the answer from ASUS. Thanks. This thread can be closed also.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,

For RAM and SSD replacement, please refer to below table.
These models are verified that is compatible for ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LH.
RAM:
image.png
SSD:
image.png

For Wifi Card, because the wifi card is built on MB.
If you replace the wifi card, it may void the warranty.
We do not suggest you replace wifi card on your own.

Thank you.

Waffle
Star II
GEEK_ASUS

Hi there,

For RAM and SSD replacement, please refer to below table.

These models are verified that is compatible for ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LH.

RAM:

image.png

SSD:

image.png

For Wifi Card, because the wifi card is built on MB.

If you replace the wifi card, it may void the warranty.

We do not suggest you replace wifi card on your own.

Thank you.

View post
Hi there. These SSD and RAM are not sold on any retail stores and I personally would like to avoid visiting the service centre. Also, these are OEM SSD, which don't give good endurance TBW and the performance is not as good as Kingston KC2500 for both Reading & Writing speed, that's why I wanted to replace the SSD. The original 512GB SSD has only 180TBW for its endurance and I'm not satisfied with it. The writing speed is also just 1100MB/s as it's a Micron QLC SSD. Based on the information given above, you will notice that I still wish to stick with 500GB for SSD. That is why I asked if Kingston KC2500 is compatible . Also, please understand that the WiFi card is not built-in. It's an M.2 2230 and I would like remove the original WiFi card Mediatek MT7921 because it's not giving decent speed for WiFi. What you gave me is already given by Asus Hotline but the model and brand of SSD and RAM given is very different. Therefore, my question is: Is Intel AX200 WiFi Card and Kingston KC2500 SSD compatible with my laptop or not? Seek for your understanding, much appreciated.

Waffle
Star II
Hi there! I just contacted ASUS Hotline for twice. They finally give me a confirmation that it's not compatible. During the first call, the agent just said to me usually the motherboard is designed for single-sided. During the second call, another agent give me the confirmation that doubled-sided SSD is not able to slot in to the laptop. Anyway, I appreciate the answer from ASUS. Thanks. This thread can be closed also.

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
The RAM/SSD we provided are the specs that our engineer verified.
If you would like to consider other brand RAM/SSD, please search for other user's sharing.
For the wifi card, if there is wifi speed issue, we suggest refer to service center to have further inspection or repair.
Replacing wifi card on your own will void your warranty.
Thank you.