System: ASUS TUF Gaming F17 2022 -FX707ZM
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FX707ZM
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Done and will not help
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I was fast charging my phone by connecting the charging cable to the USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port.
After forcefully shutting down the laptop while charging the phone, the port does not work at all next time.
There is no response when I connect another cable.
The Thunderbolt 4 port does not work for a while after a forced shutdown and then recovers.
Even if I change it to default by pressing F9 in the bios, the problem is still there and the port does not work even in the BIOS.
The port doesn't work either on Linux or Windows. This means USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C will not work under any circumstances.
It is not an operating system problem, it is presumed to be a BIOS or hardware defect.
It's already the latest BIOS, but I've updated it again with the latest BIOS files. But the problem is still there.
I ordered two ASUS TUF F17 2022, both have the same symptoms.
pxl-20220320-050555882.jpg

additional information
I disassembled the laptop, removed the battery and re-fired it and it worked fine. I suspect it's a BIOS issue.
8 REPLIES 8

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
USB driver is update from Windows.
Is you using Win10 or Win11? Please also do Windows update to latest version.
Also may I know the scenario you need to forcefully shutting down the laptop?
We do not suggest forcefully shut down the laptop if no issue.
Thank you.

kcafe703
Star I
With Windows 11 installed, I installed all the drivers from the ASUS site and applied the latest updates. The USB issue persisted on Ubuntu 20.04 as well.
It does not seem to have a driver problem. In other ports, the cell phone was charged in Bios, but the USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port did not work.

kcafe703
Star I
The reason for the forced shutdown is that Ubuntu 20.04 and Linux Mint did not wake up from sleep mode.

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Thanks for your reply.
If possible, could you clean the Linux and see if there still same issue under pure Windows 11?
If still find this issue, please let me know.
Because your issue is under Linux, we could not guarantee for Linux scenario.
Thank you.