Star I
System: TUF Gaming FX504
Battery or AC: either
Model: FX504-AU
Frequency of occurrence: permanent damage
Reset OS: n/a
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description: The left hinge of my laptop screen became stiffer over time. I learned to be gentle. Yet it got so stiff that the external casing to the hinge broke off, allowing me to apply low viscosity Singer oil. Yet the hinge bracket cracked the plastic frame apart. Proper!
To open & close my screen is somewhat akin to performing surgery. Unfortunately, now the screen has died as well. A replacement is due. What is the most efficient & most cost-effective way to achieve this? The laptop's great. It has a few more years left in it!
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
Olsch
  1. System: TUF Gaming FX504
  2. Battery or AC: either
  3. Model: FX504-AU
  4. Frequency of occurrence: permanent damage
  5. Reset OS: n/a
  6. Screenshot or video: -

========================

Detailed description: The left hinge of my laptop screen became stiffer over time. I learned to be gentle. Yet it got so stiff that the external casing to the hinge broke off, allowing me to apply low viscosity Singer oil. Yet the hinge bracket cracked the plastic frame apart. Proper!

broken-laptop-screen-hinge.jpg

To open & close my screen is somewhat akin to performing surgery. Unfortunately, now the screen has died as well. A replacement is due. What is the most efficient & most cost-effective way to achieve this? The laptop's great. It has a few more years left in it!

TUF gaming screen hinge seizes, screen frame falling apart
@Olsch
Unfortunately, given the condition of your laptop, I'm afraid I can only suggest you to send it in for repair.
The service center may quote according to the condition of your laptop.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.