Star I

Hi Everyone,

A few months ago, I built a simulation computer with the following components:

• Motherboard:  ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha
  • CPU:  AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
  • RAM:  8x16GB XPG Spectrix DDR4 2666MHz
  • GPU:  PNY RTX 3090
  • Samsung 960 Evo 2TB NVMe

It was working great since January, but last night, I got a random rainbow/green screen of death (I don't have a picture, unfortunately), and now, the system won't POST.  When booting the system normally, it cycles through the RAM, CPU, VGA.  Once the green boot LED lights, the OLED says "HDD Code: 02" and settles on "Post Error" (with the HDD symbol still shown above).  When booting the system with Safe Boot, it cycles through the RAM, CPU, VGA, and boot LEDs, the OLED gives the Q-Code "HDD Code: 02" and then settles on "Post Error" again.

Here is what I tried to fix the problem:

• I tried powering off the system and pressing/holding the Clear CMOS button.
  • I tried flashing the BIOS from a USB stick and from the support USB stick that came with the motherboard.
  • I tried booting from the secondary BIOS.
  • I tried unplugging the system, removing the CMOS battery, pressing and holding the power button, then re-inserting the CMOS battery and booting the system.
  • I tried moving the NVMe from the DIMM adapter that came with the motherboard into one of the three on-board NVMe slots.
  • I tried inserting another GPU into the PCIe slot.

None of these have seemed to do anything, so any further advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@srgtkailone 
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop & Phone.

For your ROG Motherboard questions, you can ask questions here.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/hardware-software-support/ct-p/Hardware_Software_Support 
Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.