cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix G17 G712LU-EV013T Power adapter

PauliBox
Star I

Hi, 

I have Asus ROG Strix G17 G712LU-EV013T Notebook and after 3 years the power adapter pin started overheating, so you can't hold it in the hand. That causes interruption of the charging process, so the device is switching from Performance profile to Silence profile back and forth. 

There is a genuine ROG "ADB - 230GB B" power adapter with specs 230W 19.5V 11.8A.

We have newer ROG notebook with stronger adapter 280W 20.0V 14.0A and when I tried this stronger adapter, the overheating issue was gone. 

My question is. Can I use this stronger adapter? I need to buy a new one but the 19.5V 11.8A version is not available in my country anymore, so I was thinking about it to order the 20V 14.0A

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@PauliBox
If you are sure that the adapter you are using is an original ASUS adapter, and its wattage rating is higher than the previous one, then it can be used.
Thank you.

The stronger 280W adapter is from newer model of Strix and its original ASUS. We have more ROG models at home.

PauliBox
Star I

Today I got an answer from official parts seller, thah the compatible adapter is 240W 20.0V. After my question if it is OK, when I use the 280W 20.0V adapter, they replied, yes and that Asus is mentioning 19.5V and 20.0V for this notebook model.

https://shop.sil.sk/zboziDetail.aspx?id=15845&nazev=adapter-280w-20v-3p-6phi-orig-asus