Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Arion not detecting

ematthiesen
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Strix Arion connecting to ACER Nitro 5 laptop
Firmware Version: Driver version is 10.0.22000.1. Not sure how to find out firmware version
Rooted or not: Don't know what this means
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
I just purchased ROG Strix Arion ("RSA") external drive to download data from a NVME SSD drive from a failed computer (HP Omen 15) onto another brand new computer (ACER Nitro 5). The SSD NVME drive is 2260, which is compatible with RSA as per box.
I installed the SSD drive into the RSA and connected to USB of new laptop. Rainbow lights function on RSA. However, I cannot see any data from the drive to access. The RSA also seems to be heating up, so I assume this means it is functioning.
Please advise how I can access the data on the SSD. Am I missing anything here?
3 REPLIES 3

ematthiesen
Star I
I also see these drives in device management. I assume the second one is the ROG Strix Arion.
image.png

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ematthiesen

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Strix Arion connecting to ACER Nitro 5 laptop
  2. Firmware Version: Driver version is 10.0.22000.1. Not sure how to find out firmware version
  3. Rooted or not: Don't know what this means
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello,

I just purchased ROG Strix Arion ("RSA") external drive to download data from a NVME SSD drive from a failed computer (HP Omen 15) onto another brand new computer (ACER Nitro 5). The SSD NVME drive is 2260, which is compatible with RSA as per box.

I installed the SSD drive into the RSA and connected to USB of new laptop. Rainbow lights function on RSA. However, I cannot see any data from the drive to access. The RSA also seems to be heating up, so I assume this means it is functioning.

Please advise how I can access the data on the SSD. Am I missing anything here?

ROG Strix Arion not detecting
The link below may help you. In fact, any new hard drives you put in now would need to follow these similar steps:
How to display the ROG Strix Arion drive on your PC with a brand new SSD installed? | Official Suppo...@Irene2_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS FYI, needs moving to correct forum as it is unrelated to phones.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
// Thread moved.