mariedk987
Star I
Model: ZE500KL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: 6.0.1
Frequency of Occurrence: Today
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by mariedk987 on 2019/2/7 16:06 Hi, My sister has Asus Zenfone laser 2 (ZE500KL). Yesterday evening she turned off it and it was everything okay. This morning, when she turned on it, there were some problems: data mobile were on, it asked for the sim (which one to use) lockscreen didn't appear (there was only the home screen), back and home buttons didn't work, the menu (scrolling one where there are buttons) didn't appear either. We did a reset of the phone. Once it restarted, some features were different: the message app is different; apps like music and calendar and others disappeared; it appeared a new thing in the scrolling menu (when put on mode "mute", next there is "only alarm" ; and so on. What did it happen? There was an update of the system? Thanks in advance for any help.
2 REPLIES 2

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi mariedk987, Could you show me the screenshots of the problem? Please tell me your current firmware version. * Find the firmware version in Settings > System > About phone > Software information Thank you 🙂

mariedk987
Star I
Thank you for your reply. I'll post some screenshots and the firmware screenshot too. Image 1. It is the music player. It said that is not available for the current version (before the peoblwm, it worked); Images 2 and 3 are about the message app. The "old" one is not avaible and now it appears like that (3 photo); Image 4. Next to the sound it appears now "do not disturb" option. Before there weren't; Image 5. There are the info about the firmware. The phone is working but we still don't understand what happened. Thank you in advance.