Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MediaTek WIFI 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card

System: ASUS ROG STRIX Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: ROG STRIX G513IM
Frequency of occurrence: 15-30mins
========================
From time to time being on the internet or gaming, I face either of the 4 issues.
Either all SSIDs disappear from the available networks.
The driver completely disappears from "Device Manager" and the task bar pop up.
The driver disappears from the taskbar but is still in the "Device Manager" .
The network disconnects and connects to the extender, with no internet connection.
This is annoying as none of my other devices face this issue, and this laptop is band new.
I know this is a driver issue because if I try disabling the driver from device manager and re-enable it, the Wi-Fi runs alright for the time being.
I am not the only one that has this issue, and have seen forums talk about this on previous driver releases.
I have tried many options, however I can only see that rolling back the driver to a previous version would be a good option, but I can't as they aren't listed on the manufacturers site.

My current installed version MediaTek WIFI 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card drivers is:

What can I do?

14 REPLIES 14

I tried this, after 1-2 days the problem is back again and now it is getting even worse. I hope that ASUS will adress this problem someday because as far as i know the only thing they do is to post the same fixes over and over again even if people still say that it had been not fixed. I hope that the fix above worked for you.

hughesjack02
Star II
Abhradip

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/242807#Comment_242807

same problem here , please tell me if your problem is fixed or not, My wifi icon is disappeared completely and it says in device manager (in hidden devices option)

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I've tried all the solutions like reinstalling the driver and network reset etc. , then the wifi icon comes back sometimes then it just completely disappears.

View post
Check the above comment chief, hope its fixed for you. ^

capritamihai
Star I

Hello, I came back with a more detailed description for this problem, maybe someone will take notice of it and tell us that they are working in it.

• I bought this laptop (ASUS F15 HEB) in december 2021. As far as i remember, until ASUS BIOS update I hadn't encountered this problem and even when i did it didn't bother me a lot because it only needed a pc restart once a week so i haven't posted anything about this. After windows 11 updates, the problem got worse and worse, nowdays being very enfurating to deal with because it happens on a DAILY basis even when i only open google and use it for a few minutes

• When this problem occurs, the mediatek driver either dissapears from device manger ( most of the times) , or the driver appears ( very rarely) with a exclamation mark (code 10 or code 45).

• The only temporary fixes for this that i found is to unistall the bluetooth driver, restart my pc dosens of times until mediatek WLAN driver finally appears in device manager, uninstall it, and after this reinstall the WLAN and bluetooth drivers from ASUS Website. Enjoy one day of working internet ( hopefully sometimes it dosen't work). The next day I  encounter the same problem ( mediatek driver evaporates into the void) and I have to redo the steps i described above.

• I also tried to install the latest versions of mediatek and bluetooth drivers from this site: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=MediaTek%20Wi-Fi%206%20MT7921%20Wireless%20LA...  

- the problem is still there.

• I tried using MyAsus app - costumer support and windows troubleshoot

- the problem is still there.

• I don't know what to do anymore I don't want to restart my pc 20 times a day to only temporary fix a problem for a day so I
<span;>hope someone form ASUS is working on this problem and if they already started working on it at least tell us something about it and don't leave the impression that you are ignoring us ( at least this is what I feel)

• I hope i haven't disturbed anyone with my comment and if i did I apologise for it. Also there can be some grammar mistakes because english is my second language and I am still learning it.

If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/  Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.