Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MediaTek WIFI 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card

System: ASUS ROG STRIX Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: ROG STRIX G513IM
Frequency of occurrence: 15-30mins
========================
From time to time being on the internet or gaming, I face either of the 4 issues.
Either all SSIDs disappear from the available networks.
The driver completely disappears from "Device Manager" and the task bar pop up.
The driver disappears from the taskbar but is still in the "Device Manager" .
The network disconnects and connects to the extender, with no internet connection.
This is annoying as none of my other devices face this issue, and this laptop is band new.
I know this is a driver issue because if I try disabling the driver from device manager and re-enable it, the Wi-Fi runs alright for the time being.
I am not the only one that has this issue, and have seen forums talk about this on previous driver releases.
I have tried many options, however I can only see that rolling back the driver to a previous version would be a good option, but I can't as they aren't listed on the manufacturers site.

My current installed version MediaTek WIFI 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card drivers is:

What can I do?

14 REPLIES 14

Ok found some link that has older drivers on a similar forum:
driverpack.io/en/devices/wifi/mediatek/mediatek-wi-fi-6-mt7921-wireless-lan-card?os=windows-10-x64
Download and install an older version from here. I can't post links yet so just copy and paste this into browser

Falcon_ASUS
proxxwhiteskullxx
  1. System: ASUS ROG STRIX Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: ROG STRIX G513IM
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 15-30mins

========================

From time to time being on the internet or gaming, I face either of the 4 issues.

• Either all SSIDs disappear from the available networks.
  • The driver completely disappears from "Device Manager" and the task bar pop up.
  • The driver disappears from the taskbar but is still in the "Device Manager" .
  • The network disconnects and connects to the extender, with no internet connection.

This is annoying as none of my other devices face this issue, and this laptop is band new.

I know this is a driver issue because if I try disabling the driver from device manager and re-enable it, the Wi-Fi runs alright for the time being.

I am not the only one that has this issue, and have seen forums talk about this on previous driver releases.

I have tried many options, however I can only see that rolling back the driver to a previous version would be a good option, but I can't as they aren't listed on the manufacturers site.

My current installed version MediaTek WIFI 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card drivers is:

What can I do?

@proxxwhiteskullxx
If you encounter this problem, please try the following steps.
1. Turn on the power and keep the battery power supply mode active (without plugging in the power adapter).
2. Press the power button for 30s to hard reset.
3. Enter the system and connect to the power adapter after it has rebooted.
4. Install MTK wireless network driver V3.00.01.1244 or above.
5. Install MTK Bluetooth driver V1.3.15.142 or above.
6. After the installation is complete, restart the device.
Please be sure to execute all six steps, updating the wireless network driver first, then updating the Bluetooth driver in order.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Cann
Star I
proxxwhiteskullxx
  1. System: ASUS ROG STRIX Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: ROG STRIX G513IM
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 15-30mins

========================

• Either all SSIDs disappear from the available networks.
  • The driver completely disappears from "Device Manager" and the task bar pop up.
  • The driver disappears from the taskbar but is still in the "Device Manager" .
  • The network disconnects and connects to the extender, with no internet connection.

What can I do?

probleme fixed or not please tell me i have rhe same probleme

hughesjack02
Star II
The same problem, and tried all manner of fixing it. Nothing. If anything it's getting worse.