This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop black screen after sleeping

chapap
Star I

My TUF A17 2023 (FA707XI) will go to sleep after a certain time of inactivity but does not wake up when I move my mouse, press a key on the keyboard or press the power button. The LED indicators are on as if the laptop is running but I cant wake it up no matter what I try and I end up having to hold the power button to force it to shut down and boot it back up - losing any running programs at the time.

Any idea why this might be happening and whether this can be fixed somehow? My BIOS is updated to the most recent one and so are any other drivers.

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@chapap
Please verify whether the system version has also been updated to the latest, and furthermore, please uninstall the graphics card driver and reinstall it for confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

I am on the latest system version and just tried reinstalling the graphics card driver but the issue persists.

@chapap 
If the issue persists, we would recommend you to back up your data, restore the system, and then check again.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

chapap
Star I

I would like to mention that this issue seems to have been resolved in the most recent bios update (version 312 at this time), and sleep works correctly now. So people facing a similar problem on this device should update.