System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: AC1900 Dual Band Router
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have a AC-3100 ADSL Modem Router that works like a charm, but I have recently bought a AC1900 Router and I want to disable the wireless on the AC3100 ADSL modem and use the router AC1900 for wireless. I have connected the router to the ADSL modem via the LAN port of the ADSL getting connected to the LAN port of the router, and I can detect the wireless signal of the AC1900 router, but I do not see the router in the list of the clients of the ADSL modem. I am not quite sure whether this is the right setup or not. The manual says that I have to connect the WAN ports of the 2 devices together, but the current setup works. My question is :

Is there a alternate way to setup this scenario. My aim is to use the wifi of the router and not the wifi of the ADSL modem.
How Do I see the router in the list of the clients of the ADSL ?
1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
apishdad
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: AC1900 Dual Band Router
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I have a AC-3100 ADSL Modem Router that works like a charm, but I have recently bought a AC1900 Router and I want to disable the wireless on the AC3100 ADSL modem and use the router AC1900 for wireless. I have connected the router to the ADSL modem via the LAN port of the ADSL getting connected to the LAN port of the router, and I can detect the wireless signal of the AC1900 router, but I do not see the router in the list of the clients of the ADSL modem. I am not quite sure whether this is the right setup or not. The manual says that I have to connect the WAN ports of the 2 devices together, but the current setup works. My question is :

1. Is there a alternate way to setup this scenario. My aim is to use the wifi of the router and not the wifi of the ADSL modem.
  2. How Do I see the router in the list of the clients of the ADSL ?

How to Connect AC-3100 Appliance to AC1900 Router

i don't have an Asus router, but I suggest you do the following steps.
login new router, then enable wifi visible SSDName to public or public.
Make sure you should disable MAC filter, or you want to connect particular device , then add the MAC address to mac filter option, then allow the device.
save the configuration and reboot the router.