XperiAndri
Star II

System: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.434]
Model: GV301QC.407
Frequency of occurrence: Every day
Armory Crate version: 5.0.11.0
========================
Detailed description:
If XG Mobile is connected and the Windows Explorer crashes (which usually happens on its connect) then "C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service\GPUSwitchPlugin\GPUTrayIcon.exe" app's tray icon no longer appears unless I kill `GPUTrayIcon.exe` and start it again.
According to the comment https://superuser.com/questions/354563/missing-icons-after-explorer-exe-crash#comment1634470_354579 it happens because the software developers did not subscribe to the event of the Windows Explorer Task Bar creation.
Please, fix the GPUTrayIcon.exe app code and add the subscription to the WM_TASKBARCREATED event and recreation of the System Tray icon
10 REPLIES 10

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Does this issue happen since the very beginning? or after certain update?
Have you tried to reinstall Armoury Crate?
Can you help to record a short video of the issue?
Thank you.

XperiAndri
Star II
It is not easy to catch. But I will try.
So what happens is:
I connect XG Mobile and enable lock
The dialog appears
I accept switching
As long as the external monitor is connected via HDMI (4K TV) it instantly adds that second screen to the Windows. Probably this causes Windows Explorer crash
Windows Explorer restarts, but not all the System Tray icons went back (including XG Mobile)
Have you tried to reinstall Armoury Crate?
No, but it will not fix the issue. The issue is a missing app code that listens for an event.
As long as GPUTrayIcon.exe is written in C++ (I suppose so because it is not a .NET app) then the developer just does not implement listening to the Windows event as described in the article above.

XperiAndri
Star II
Does this issue happen since the very beginning? or after certain update?
Always

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Would you mind just try to reinstall Armoury Crate? It seems related.
Please use the uninstall tool and installer from below website
Thank you.