This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Restart the OS On TUF A15 FA506IV in Turbo Mode and BIOS clock time is delayed

jamalahi
Star II
System: Asus TUF Gaming A15
Battery or AC: Both
Model: fa506iv
Frequency of occurrence: randomly
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: No
========================
Detailed description:While playing game in turbo mode the fan noise increases too much, then the screen turn off and the noise continue, after aprox 30 s the laptop turnoff then I turn on the laptop and like it was suspended the game continue but with the resolution issues, so i need to restart the game. If i lift the laptop screen before turnoff or suspend, the laptop restart and resume the system with the game running.
I use my laptop connected throu HDMI to an external monitor or TV, this problem happens with anny external monitor but with the laptop lid/screen down, some time with perfomance mode, the laptop screen up and with the recommended setting of the game, the game continue without problem.
This problem has been presented with the games World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Alan Wake, League of Leaguends and Resident Evil 3 Remake and I think only one time happens without playing games but i don't remember how. I bought this laptop in the las week of November 2020, after a week plaging WoW the issue ocurred for the firs time and in this very moment is saw that the Windows clock time is delayed and I realized that the time problem originates from the BIOS.
Until today I have updated the video drivers from nVidia, AMD and the BIOS was updated too, but the problem continues, I have requested customer service support in chat and by phone, they help me with the drivers and BIOS update and some other configurations but nothing has worked.
Regarding the BIOS, I try to correct the time from the BIOS but this doesn't resolve the problem, the last time I correct the clock was 5 weeks ago and today the clock has aprox 4 minutes of delay. I don't know if the video/restart problem and the BIOS time problem are related but both presented at the same time after a week I bought the product.
I see another publication with the same problema, I think:

Ash4U
  1. System: TUF A15
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: FA506IU
  4. Frequency of occurrence: REGULAR
  5. Reset OS: YES
  6. Screenshot or video: NO

========================

Detailed description:I'm using my laptop for 1 month, from buying, every game is crashing from 7gb game to 90+ gb... Then i found my laptop is working normally on performance mode but when I'm turning to turbo the game Crashing... Why this happens please help me... I'm so disappointed... If i play on performance the laptop heats up too much for normal fan speed... I need the turbo mode to cool down... And also for performance... Please help...

Game Crashing On TUF A15 FA506IU While Activating Turbo Mode

But the discution finish with the user saying tha he underclock the GPU with external software and with that the problem was solved, doesn't said if was the nvidia gpu or adm gpu and also there is no more follow-up until today if the problem has not reappeared or if that was the final solution.
Is there a definitive solution that fixes this problem?
6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
If you are playing game with the device connected to external device and lid closed. It is very likely that it will cause the device to overheat and you will see black screen and rebooting.
Can you share some screenshot about the clock issue you mentioned?
Thank you.

jamalahi
Star II
Hi Blake
This is the screenshot:
image.png

And about:
"If you are playing game with the device connected to external device and lid closed. It is very likely that it will cause the device to overheat and you will see black screen and rebooting"
I have a G751JY and this no happen with the lid/screen down or any other old Asus laptops that I have had. I will continue checking the product with the lid/screen up, but I think that the laptop should work with the lid/screen down.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi jamalahi,
For your clock issue,
enter settings>time & language>check ""set time automatically" & "set time zone automatically" does it help?
And for the heating issue, please kindly understand that the heat would radiate through keyboard, so closing the lid is a very easy cause of overheating.
Thank you.

jamalahi
Star II
Correcting the Windows's clock time doesn't resolve the problem because the BIOS continue deleyed, so the Windows's time will deleyed to. In any case, even if I correct the time of the BIOS clock, the problem reappears. 
About these:
'And for the heating issue, please kindly understand that the heat would radiate through keyboard, so closing the lid is a very easy cause of overheating.'
I desagree, the lid down wile playing games is not a factor because the ventilation is down and back of the laptop, unless it's an old or unmaintained computer but this is no the case. I purches My Lapto in Novemver 2020 and after one week of use both problems ocurred. And another evidence is my G751JY thath works fine with the lid down and is an lower model with more than 5 years of use.
So, or the laptop had a factory defect or is a problem desing If you tell me that it is necessary to have the lid of the laptop raised or tell me where in the manual it says this?