This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN+Arrow Keys no longer change aura brightness of the keyboard_ Brand New Asus TUF A15 FA506QM

rnogueira611
Star II
System: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus TUF A15 FA506QM (R7 5800H + RTX 3060 + 16gb 3200mhz)
Frequency of occurrence: Always happening, since a few days ago
Reset OS: Not yet
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:Every Hotkey works perfectly, including the FN+RIGHT/LEFT hotkey to change the aura mode, but the FN+UP/DOWN stopped working a few days, I haven't done anything in particular to cause this problem, the pc is brand new, i got it 10 days ago, it is pretty much stock.
Help please.
Also, when I run diagnostics on MyAsus app, it doesn't let me see the result for some reason.
127 REPLIES 127

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
rnogueira611
  1. System: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Asus TUF A15 FA506QM (R7 5800H + RTX 3060 + 16gb 3200mhz)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always happening, since a few days ago
  5. Reset OS: Not yet
  6. Screenshot or video: -

========================

Detailed description:Every Hotkey works perfectly, including the FN+RIGHT/LEFT hotkey to change the aura mode, but the FN+UP/DOWN stopped working a few days, I haven't done anything in particular to cause this problem, the pc is brand new, i got it 10 days ago, it is pretty much stock.

Help please.

Also, when I run diagnostics on MyAsus app, it doesn't let me see the result for some reason.

FN+Arrow Keys no longer change aura brightness of the keyboard_ Brand New Asus TUF A15 FA506QM
try to repair aura software or reinstall aura application ,

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
The arrow up and down should be working for keyboard backlight.
So you mean that the backlight no longer lights up? or the backlight can not be adjusted anymore?
Thank you.

Diskun
Star I
I have the exact same issue on the very similar ASUS TUF A15 2021 FA506QR (R7 5800H + RTX 3070 + 16gb 3200mhz).
Until a few days ago everything was fine. Now FN + Arrow Left/Right () changes lighting mode but FN+Arrow Up/Down won't change keyboard backlight level. Also I'm not getting an on-screen prompt for FN+Up/Down anymore.
Keyboard backlight can be set on Armoury Crate app, but not by using the keyboard shortcut. Not even on the BIOS screen, which means something must be broken at a firmware level.
This used to work until a couple days ago. I don't recall getting any updates recently that could have triggered this. I have tried everything, even formatting the system and reinstalling Windows from scratch which I just finished doing. It proved to be a waste of time.
This is really inconvenient and makes me wonder why a feature such as keyboard backlight depends on unreliable software from ASUS. My old laptop didn't require any software for basic keyboard lighting control.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Diskun,
May you check in Windows update history or Armoury Crate live update page to see if there was any recent update of the firmware?
Please reinstall ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver and see if it helps.
Thank you.