System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: 2020 Zephyrus G14 GA401IV
Frequency of occurrence: Often
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description:
Very often and for no apparent reason, my battery will begin to discharge at a rate upwards of -30kWh leaving me with a roughly 2 hour battery life at 80% charge. This has been happening on and off since I first got the laptop in early 2021. Occasionally it will be fixed by uninstalling reinstalling the AMD Radeon Software, but this solution is inevitably temporary. I have also tried to update all drivers and BIOS, and even that is to no avail. I have had months where it works completely fine with no real issues, and times like now where re-installing drivers and software only fixes the issue for 20 minutes or so. I have no apps using my dGPU in the background, and my Armory Crate software indicates that my dGPU is in power saving mode, and yet I can feel my CPU temperature going up and I can see my battery life draining rapidly. If anyone can offer me a solution so that I can even approach the 7-10hr battery life advertised, I would be incredibly grateful.
3 REPLIES 3

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Please refer to below link to check for battery life issue.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the short battery life problem | Official Support | ASUS Glo...
Since you already update BIOS and driver.
I suggest you can use MyASUS to do diagnose to clarify it's hardware issue or not.
Thank you.

jhandy1414
Star I
I have used MyASUS multiple times and they haven't been able to identify any hardware issues with my battery. I have also read the troubleshooting guide you linked multiple times, and nothing from that guide has really worked.
Someone else had seemingly identical issues a year ago https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45385/asus-zephyrus-g14-inconsistent-battery-life. I tried resetting the CMOS as suggested in this post, but I have no idea if it worked. I pressed the power button for 40 seconds, but I got no indication if it actually worked.

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
It looks like you had finished many troubleshooting but still could not resolve the issue.
I suggest you contact service center to have further inspection.
Thank you.