This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus zephyrus g14 stutter,robotic/distorted sound and mouse lag.

Immortalsoul
Star I
System: Asus zephyrus g14
Battery or AC:
Model: GA401II-BM131TS
Frequency of occurrence: 2-3 times a day
Reset OS: System reset has been done 3-4 times
Screenshot or video: Cant take one
========================
Detailed description:Hi guys I have a asus zephyrus g14 and after buying it I have had an issue and i tried to fix it by resettin my pc 3-4 times. I took it to service centre twice and they just did a full reset but it didn't help anything. My pc has win 11 and this problem occured both in win 10 as well as win 11. The problem is my pc suddenly lags/stutter to put it in words lets say I am gaming or watching video in any app and suddenly what happens is the game suddenly sttuter or the frames drops to 0 for 1-2 sec and while whatching video the video slows down like it becomes 0.1x slow something like that and in both the cases the sound also slows down like in slow motion and makes robotic sound and if you try to move the mouse it moves very slow and stutter. This can happen at any random time and no matter what app I am not sure if it happens while in idle mode but it might happen then only cause you cannot know as there is nothing going on in pc at that time. And thing i saw was this event id 5379 when I opened eventvwr after that issue and and it happens at that exact time when the issue occur.
My pc specs
Ryzen 5 4600hs
16 gb ram
Gtx 1650ti
please help me it is very annoying
14 REPLIES 14

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
May I know your BIOS version?
There is new BIOS released last month.
Please update the BIOS to the latest version.
ROG Zephyrus G14 | ROG Zephyrus G14 | Gaming Laptops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)
Thank you.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
That sounds like the AMD ftpm issue (look for it on google, I'm not allowed to post links)
You'll need to wait at least until May for them to finish making the fix, then hope ASUS is relatively quick in making a BIOS update that includes said fix.
For the moment what you can do is go to your BIOS and in advanced setting look for Trusted Computing, there you can disable fTPM. NOTE: Make sure you disabled all bitlocker-related things in Windows and also cleared the TPM in tpm.msc before doing this, also don't let Windows load up after clearing the TPM because it'll just take ownership again and you'll need to reclear
Or if your BIOS is like mine then the option doesn't exist and we're SOL because ASUS doesn't feel like letting us disable a faulty feature

Immortalsoul
Star I
GEEK_ASUS

Hi there,

May I know your BIOS version?

There is new BIOS released last month.

Please update the BIOS to the latest version.

ROG Zephyrus G14 | ROG Zephyrus G14 | Gaming Laptops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

Thank you.

View post
I have updated the bios.

Immortalsoul
Star I
Hamstray

That sounds like the AMD ftpm issue (look for it on google, I'm not allowed to post links)

You'll need to wait at least until May for them to finish making the fix, then hope ASUS is relatively quick in making a BIOS update that includes said fix.

For the moment what you can do is go to your BIOS and in advanced setting look for Trusted Computing, there you can disable fTPM. NOTE: Make sure you disabled all bitlocker-related things in Windows and also cleared the TPM in tpm.msc before doing this, also don't let Windows load up after clearing the TPM because it'll just take ownership again and you'll need to reclear

Or if your BIOS is like mine then the option doesn't exist and we're SOL because ASUS doesn't feel like letting us disable a faulty feature

View post
Then what can I do?