This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus VG289Q1A Monitor - Can't display 60 hz refresh rate on 4k resolution on Lenovo Laptop

Nizamuddin
Star I

Hello there, 

Problem: I do not get the option to select 60hz (only 30 hz is available) refresh rate when 4k resolution is selected.  When I connect the monitor with my laptop's (lenovo) docking station it does not allow me to change the refresh rate to 60hz on 4k resolution(Screenshot attached). 

I do not have HDMI (only Display Port is available) port on my lenovo laptop. I tried with the display port cable that came with the Monitor which did not work. I bought a new display port cable which has enough bandwidth to run 4k at 60hz. That too did not work.
Within Intel HD Graphics Control Panel > Options and Support > Information Center > Select Option - Digital Display Asus VG289Q1A, it shows the supported modes where I can clearly see 4k at 60hz option is available. I could not attach the screenshot as I am only allowed to attach 1 SS. 

The monitor is able to display 4k at 60hz when I connected it with another laptop (Dell XPS 13) with an HDMI cable. 

Before providing/suggesting probable solutions from your end please consider the following things that I already tried from my end:
1. Tried with the Display Port Cable that came with the monitor
2. Bought a new display port cable which is able to run 4k at 60hz. Did not work. 
3. The laptop's docking station does not have a HDMI port. Only Display Port. So, trying with an HDMI port is not an option (unless I try with a Display port to HDMI Adapter). 

Would appreciate your support in this regard. 

KR
Nizamuddin 

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@Nizamuddin
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your Monitor questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.